Xiaomi is changing its strategy and launching multiple models this year to keep its phones updated. The Chinese smart electronics brand launched the Redmi Pro a few weeks ago, which comes with a 5.5-inch 1080p display and a MediaTek Helio X25 processor. Now, the company has announced yet another smartphone, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, as promised earlier. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 is the successor to the best-selling Redmi Note 3, and its design resembles its predecessor.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4: Specifications
- 5.5-inch IPS LCD display, 1920×1080 pixels (401ppi), 450 nits brightness, Sunlight Display, Reading Mode, 2.5D glass protection
- 13-megapixel primary camera, phase-detection autofocus, F2.0 aperture, dual-tone (dual-LED) flash, 720p slow-motion video recording at 120fps and 1080p video recording at 30fps
- 5-megapixel secondary camera, F2.0 aperture, and 1080p video recording
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow-based MIUI 8
- MediaTek Helio X20 processor with 10-core CPU and Mali-T880 MP4 (700MHz) GPU
- 2GB/3GB RAM, 16GB/32GB internal storage, and microSD card slot (up to 128GB)
- Fingerprint sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient Light Sensor, Gyro, Hall Sensor, and Proximity Sensor
- Hybrid dual-SIM card slot (Micro SIM + Nano SIM), 4G LTE, dual-band Wi-Fi ac/a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS (with A-GPS, GLONASS, and BeiDou), IR port, microUSB 2.0 port, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- 4,100mAh non-removable battery with 5V/2A charging; 151x76x8.35mm; 175 grams
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 comes with a 5.5-inch 1080p IPS LCD display and has 2.5D glass protection on top of it. Under the hood, there is a MediaTek Helio X20 processor with a CPU that is clocked at 2.1GHz and Mali-T880 MP4 GPU. Coming to the camera department, it comes equipped with a 13-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel camera at the front. The Redmi Note 4 runs MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box. There’s no information as to when the company would push Android 7.0 Nougat to the device.
It comes with 2GB RAM and 16GB of onboard storage, but there’s also a costlier variant which comes with 3GB of RAM and 64GB internal storage. The processor remains the same in both the models though. Connectivity options include 4G LTE, dual-band Wi-Fi ac/a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.2, and a microUSB v2.0 port. It comes with a non-removable 4,100mAh battery capacity that can last up to two days of moderate usage. It also has the fingerprint scanner under the rear-facing camera as seen on the Redmi Note 3.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4: Price and availability
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 comes in 3 colour variants: Gold, Gray, and Silver. The Redmi Note 4 with 2GB of RAM and 16GB storage is priced at CNY 899 (₹9,065) and the variant with 3GB RAM and 64GB storage is priced at CNY 1199 (₹12,091). It will be available starting tomorrow in China through the company’s official website. No word about global availability yet.