Samsung has quietly introduced a new Galaxy A9 Pro smartphone in Galaxy A-series. As the top-end in the A-series, the new Galaxy A9 Pro is a phablet boasting of 6-inch Super AMOLED display. Priced at Rs 32,490, this phone is a beefed up kin of the last year’s Galaxy A8. As a whole package, the Galaxy A9 Pro has a potential to take on the majority’s current favourite – OnePlus 3.
Samsung had announced the Galaxy A9 Pro for China back in March. Last month, the Gear reported about the phone’s possible India launch. The Galaxy A-series represents premium line of products with top hardware and aluminum body but for an upper mid-range price segment. The new Galaxy A9 Pro represents the same with a powerful set of hardware packed inside a tall yet slim profile. However, don’t confuse Galaxy A9 Pro to be merely a looker for its gorgeous Super AMOLED display is bought to give you punch colours.
Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro specifications:
- Display: 6-inch Super AMOLED display with Full HD (1080 x 1920 pixels) resolution
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 with Adreno 510 GPU
- OS version: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with TouchWiz UX
- Memory: 4GB of RAM
- Storage: 32GB, expandable to up to 256GB
- Network: 4G LTE, Dual nano SIM support (4G+2G)
- Camera: 16-megapixel rear camera with f/1.9 aperture, LED flash and OIS; 8-megapixel front camera with f/1.9 aperture
- Connectivity: Dual-band Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS with GLONASS, ANT+, NFC
- Sensors: Fingerprint Scanner, G-Sensor, Hall, Light, Proximity, and Accelerometer
- Battery: 5,000 mAh with Fast Charging
- Dimensions: 161.7 x 80.9 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 210g
- Colours: Gold, Black, and White
Packing a powerful hardware in a slim, metallic chassis, and deliver a flagship grade performance is the objective of the A-series phones. Manu Sharma, Vice President, Mobiles Business, Samsung India Electronics iterated the same and said:
The millennial generation is increasingly consuming content on their smartphones & the 6” sAMOLED display on Galaxy A9 Pro enhances that experience. With capabilities like multitasking with higher memory and advanced processor, one of the largest batteries in the industry for long lasting use and an enhanced camera with Optical Image Stabilizer along-with low light photography capability, the Galaxy A9 Pro provides a Flagship experience. We are excited to expand our Galaxy A series with the new Galaxy A9 Pro which offers a differentiated experience to our consumers for their active lifestyle.
Samsung has added Galaxy A9 Pro as costly phablet in the upper mid-range to compete with Samsung will start selling Galaxy A9 Pro for Rs 32,490 from September 26 onwards in retail as well as online avenues. Last year, the Galaxy A8 was launched at a similar price. But later it got a price cut, thanks to Google Nexus 5X, and was selling for roughly around Rs 27,500. Chances of Samsung repeating the same this year look slim.