Along with the Galaxy J7 Prime, Samsung has also launched the Galaxy J5 Prime in India. The Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime is a beefed up variant of the Galaxy J5 (2016), and it comes with useful additions such as a metal unibody, a fingerprint sensors, and increased RAM capacity. The Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime price in India is ₹2,800 higher than that of the Galaxy J5 (2016).
Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime Price In India
Priced at ₹14,790 in India, the Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime comes with a 5-inch 720p TFT LCD display, an 8-megapixel rear-facing camera, and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. It runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box with TouchWiz UX on top of it. A quad-core Exynos processor along with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage keep things running in the Galaxy J5 Prime. It comes with dual-SIM card slot, 4G LTE connectivity, and a separate microSD card slot so that you don’t have to sacrifice the secondary SIM if you want to expand the storage.
The 5-inch display of the Galaxy J5 Prime is covered by 2.5D Gorilla Glass 3, and the whole device is made using a unibody aluminium casing. There’s a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button of the device, and Samsung is offering the S Secure feature, which allows users locking apps, images, and Wi-Fi networks. It features 4G LTE compatibility, microUSB 2.0 port, headphone jack, and a 2,400mAh battery. The S Power Planning feature allows reserving battery for calls, extends battery life, and forwards calls to another number when the battery is too low
The Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime will be available in India in two colour options: Black and Gold. Samsung has announced that the device will be available for purchase by the end of September, 2016. On the other hand, the Galaxy J7 Prime is available for purchase right away from Samsung’s official web store for ₹18,790 in India. Samsung also launched the Galaxy A9 Pro last week for ₹32,490 in India. It comes with a 6-inch 1080p Super AMOLED display, Snapdragon 652 processor, 4GB RAM, 32GB storage, 16-megapixel primary camera, 8-megapixel secondary camera, fingerprint sensor, and a 5,000mAh battery with fast charging.
Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime Specifications
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with TouchWiz UX
- Display: 5-inch TFT LCD display, 1280×720 pixels resolution, 294ppi, 2.5D Gorilla Glass 3
- Rear-Facing Camera: 8-megapixel, autofocus, f/1.9 aperture, LED flash, and 1080p video recording
- Front-Facing Camera: 5-megapixel, f/1.9 aperture, and 720p video recording
- Processor: Samsung Exynos (unknown model), ARM Cortex-A53 quad-core CPU, Mali-T830 GPU
- Memory: 2GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Storage: 16GB internal, expandable via microSD card slot (to up to 256GB)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Fingerprint Scanner, and Proximity
- Network & Connectivity: 4G LTE, Dual-Nano-SIM (4G+2G), single-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS (with A-GPS, GLONASS, and BeiDou), microUSB 2.0 port, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- Battery: 2,400 mAh with Fast Charging
- Colours: Black and Gold