After an immense success of its mid-range smartphone, the Galaxy J7 (2016), Samsung has launched a beefed-up version of the smartphone in India today. Dubbed Samsung Galaxy J Prime, the smartphone improves upon a bunch of important features including screen resolution, build and design, RAM capacity, and the resolution of the front-facing camera. The Galaxy J7 Prime price in India is around ₹2,800 more than that of the Galaxy J7 (2016). This smartphone was recently launched in Vietnam. The device comes with an all-metal unibody and a 2.5D curved glass covering its entire front.
Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime Price In India
The Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime price in India is ₹18,790, and it features a 5.5-inch 1080p IPS LCD display, a 13-megapixel primary camera with 1080p video recording, and an 8-megapixel secondary camera. The rear-facing camera also features autofocus, f/1.9 aperture, and LED flash. Even the front-facing camera has a aperture of f/1.9, and it’s the highest resolution front-facing camera in the smartphone lineup by Samsung, matching with that of the recently launched Galaxy A9 Pro. The device is 8mm thin and weighs 167 grams, and will be available in Black and Gold.
In terms of processing hardware, the Galaxy J7 Prime comes equipped with an Exynos 7870 octa-core processor with ARM Cortex-A53 CPU cores and ARM Mali-T830 GPU. The Exynos 7870 chipset is manufactured using a relatively power-efficient 14nm FinFET process, which is said to sip 30% less power than the previous generation chipsets made using an older 28nm HKMG technology. There’s 3GB of LPDDR3 RAM, 16GB of eMMC 5.1 storage, and a microSD card slot that can be used to expand the storage space by up to an additional 256GB. There is a fingerprint scanner embedded into its home button.
The Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box with TouchWix UX on top of it. The device has dual-SIM card slot, and can connect to all the 4G LTE cellular networks in India. Other connectivity features include single-band Wi-Fi b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Google Cast, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, microUSB 2.0 port, and a headphone jack. It comes with a 3300mAh non-removable battery, and Samsung claims Internet usage of up to 15 hours on LTE network, up to 12 hours on 3G network, and up to 16 hours using Wi-Fi.
Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime Specifications
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with TouchWiz UX
- Display: 5.5-inch TFT LCD display, 1920×1080 pixels resolution, 401ppi
- Rear-Facing Camera: 16-megapixel, autofocus, f/1.9 aperture, LED flash, and 1080p video recording
- Front-Facing Camera: 8-megapixel, f/1.9 aperture, and 1080p video recording
- Processor: Samsung Exynos 7870, 1.6GHz ARM Cortex-A53 octa-core CPU, Mali-T830 GPU
- Memory: 3GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Storage: 16GB internal, expandable via microSD card slot (to up to 256GB)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Fingerprint Scanner, and Proximity
- Network & Connectivity: 4G LTE, Dual-Nano-SIM (4G+2G), single-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS (with A-GPS, GLONASS, and BeiDou), microUSB 2.0 port, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- Battery: 3,300 mAh with Fast Charging
- Dimensions: 151.7 x 75.0 x 8.0
- Weight: 167 grams
- Colours: Black and Gold
[Source: Samsung India eStore]