Meizu, as promised earlier, has finally unveiled the Meizu X smartphone. The basic design of this glass-and-metal smartphone appears to be inspired by the Galaxy S7 and the Huawei Honor 8, both of which were launched a few months ago. The Meizu X comes with a 2.5D curved glass, and it uses a MediaTek Helio P20 octa-core processor as well as 4GB of RAM. It also runs on newly-announced Flyme 6 OS which has a lot of new features and more than 200 animations as announced by the company.
Meizu X Specifications
- Screen: 5.5-inch AMOLED display, 1920 x 1080 pixels, 401ppi, 2.5D double-sided glass surface
- Operating system: Flyme OS 6 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Rear-Facing Camera: 12-megapixel resolution, phase detection autofocus, Sony IMX 386 sensor, 1.25µm pixel size, phase-detection autofocus, OIS, dual-tone LED flash, and 4K video recording
- Front-Facing Camera: 5-megapixel sensor, 1080p video recording
- Processor: 2.3GHz MediaTek Helio P20 processor with 64-bit octa-core CPU and ARM Mali-T880 GPU
- Memory: 3/4GB LP-DDR4 RAM and 32/64GB internal storage
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Compass, Fingerprint, Gyroscope, and Proximity
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, dual-band Wi-Fi ac/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, NFC, GPS (with A-GPS, GLONASS and BeiDou), USB Type-C port, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- Battery: 3,200mAh with mCharge rapid charging
The Meizu X features the 5.5-inch 1080p AMOLED display with 2.5D double-sided glass on top of it. The smartphone is powered by the MediaTek Helio P20 processor with octa-core CPU and ARM’s Mali-T880 GPU. It comes in two variants, one with 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage, and the other with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. The Meizu X now runs on the newly-announced Flyme 6 OS out of the box. It has mTouch fingerprint sensor on the front which can unlock the phone in just 0.2 second.
In the camera department, the smartphone is equipped with a 12-megapixel rear-facing camera. The camera setup uses a Sony IMX386 sensor with PDAF (phase-detection autofocus), and 4K video recording at 30fps. The front-facing camera has a resolution of 5 megapixels, and it can record 1080p videos at 30fps. The smartphone comes packed with a 3,200mAh battery and the company is using its proprietary mCharge technology for rapid battery charging. The Meizu X will be available in four colours: Obsidian Black, Pearl White, Phantom Blue, and Streamer Gold.
Meizu X: Pricing & Availability
The 3GB RAM and 32GB storage variant of the Meizu X is priced at CNY 1,699 (around ₹16,925), while the 4GB RAM and 64GB storage variant of the device is priced at CNY 1,999 (around ₹19,914) in China. The smartphone’s registration in China begins today, while the sale will be starting from 8th December in China.