ASUS has announced the new ZenFone 3 Zoom during its Zennovation 2017 event at CES 2017 in Las Vegas. The ZenFone 3 Zoom comes with a dual-camera setup and packs a massive 5,000 mAh battery. Joining the current ZenFone 3 family, the new ZenFone 3 Zoom has a lot of bells and whistles.
The ZenFone 3 Zoom is the spiritual successor to last year’s ZenFone Zoom. When it comes to the spec sheet and design, both phones are poles apart. The new ZenFone 3 Zoom features a metallic body measuring 7.9mm thick. Sporting a 5.5-inch display, it houses an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 chipset.
Here’s a quick look at the specs.
ASUS ZenFone 3 Zoom Specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch AMOLED display with 2.5D curved glass and 1080×1920 pixel resolution
- Software: Zen UI based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Processor: Octa-core 2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 with Adreno 506 GPU
- Memory: 2GB / 3GB / 4GB of RAM
- Storage: 16GB / 32GB / 64GB internal space with memory card slot
- Network: 4G LTE, VoLTE
- Connectivity: WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2
- Cameras: 13-megapixel + 12.2-megapixel at the rear with dual LED flash; 13-megapixel camera on the front
- Battery: 4,850mAh
- Dimensions: 154.3 × 77× 7.99 mm
- Weight: 170g
- Colours: Navy Black, Glacier Silver, Luxury Gold
The ZenFone 3 Zoom offers 2.3x optical zoom, which might seem a bit of a step down from last year’s Zoom with 3x optical zoom. The new dual camera setup with f/1.7 aperture has one 12-megapixel sensor with 25 mm wide-angle lens and second 12-megapixel sensor with 59 mm lens. It is very similar to the dual camera setup in the iPhone 7 Plus.
Besides that, the ZenFone 3 Zoom boasts of an improved TriTech+ autofocus system which automatically selects one of three autofocus features – Dual Pixel PDAF, Subject Tracking Autofocus, and Laser Autofocus (2nd Gen).
ASUS debuted its new SuperPixel camera technology for quick focus and clearer images at night or in low-light environments. ASUS claims that SuperPixel technology offers 2.5-times great light sensitivity than the Apple iPhone 7 Plus. While the comparison with the iPhones seemed inevitable, we will have to wait to see how ZenFone 3 Zoom performs in real world situation.
The ZenFone 3 Zoom packs 5,000 mAh battery to promise you a great battery life, and you can also charge other phones with it. ASUS will start shipping ZenFone 3 Zoom from February and will reveal the prices for each market locally.