Samsung has launched yet another addition to its budget J series – the Galaxy J1 (SM-J120G) smartphone – in India. The device supports 4G VoLTE. This smartphone can be considered as an updated version over last year’s Galaxy J1 (2016). It comes with a 4.5-inch WVGA Super AMOLED screen.
Under the hood, the device is powered by a quad-core Spreadtrum SC7727SE processor with 1GB of RAM. A 5-megapixel camera at the rear with LED flash, and a 2-megapixel camera at the front take care of the smartphone’s imaging department. However, the company hasn’t yet disclosed as to whether the Galaxy J1 will run Android 5.1 Lollipop as on the J1 (2016) or come updated with Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
The smartphone comes with many of Samsung’s typical features such as S Bike Mode, Ultra Data Saving and S Power Planning. The device is available in gold, black and white colour options and is priced at ₹6890.
Samsung Galaxy J1 (4G) Specifications & Features
- 4.5-inch (800 x 480 Pixels) Super AMOLED display
- 1.3 GHz quad-core Spreadtrum SC7727SE processor with Mali 400 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD card
- Dual SIM
- 5MP auto focus rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, 720p video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 132.6 x 69.3 x 8.9mm; Weight: 131g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 2050mAh battery