HMD Global has just announced the Nokia 6. It’s the first smartphone by the company after it exclusively secured Nokia’s brand license, and the device will be first sold in China in the first half of 2017. The company says that the phone embraces Nokia’s much-loved craftsmanship, relentless focus on the consumer experience, and hallmark quality. Let’s have a look at the phone’s specifications.
Nokia 6: Specifications
- Screen: 5.5-inch IPS LCD, 1920 x 1080 pixels, 2.5D curved glass, 450 nits, and Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Software: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 with 64-bit octa-core CPU and Adreno 505 GPU
- Memory & Storage: 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64GB internal storage, and microSD card slot (up to 128GB)
- Rear-Facing Camera: 16MP (1.0um sensor and f/2.0 aperture), phase-detection autofocus, dual-tone LED flash, and 1080p video recording
- Front-Facing Camera: 8MP (1.12um sensor and f/2.0 aperture), 84-degree wide-angle lens
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM with 4G LTE, dual-band Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 (with A2DP and LE), GPS, USB OTG, and 3.5mm audio jack
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Fingerprint, Gyro, and Proximity
- Audio: Dual Stereo Speakers, Dual Smart Amplifiers (TFA9891), and Dolby Atmos
- Battery & Dimensions: 3000mAh; 154×75.8×7.8mm
The Nokia 6 features a 5.5-inch IPS LCD display with 450 nits brightness and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. This Android 7.0 Nougat-based smartphone is equipped with a 64-bit octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 SoC, 4GB RAM, 64GB of internal storage, and a microSD card slot.
In the imaging department, the Nokia 6 features a 16-megapixel rear-facing camera and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera. The primary camera sensor has 1.0µm pixels, phase-detection autofocus, and f/2.0 aperture. It can record 1080p videos. The secondary camera has 1.12µm pixels, f/2.0 aperture, and 84-degree wide-angle lens.
The Nokia 6 has dual speakers for stereo sound. It is also equipped with dual amplifier chips (TFA9891) to offer 6dB louder sound than usual amplifiers. It is also a Dolby Atmos-certified handset. There’s a fingerprint sensor embedded into its home button, and the phone has an aluminium unibody. It packs a 3,000mAh battery and a dual-SIM card slot.
Nokia 6: Pricing & availability
The Nokia 6 will be available exclusively in China through JD.com in early 2017. It will be sold for CNY 1,699 (approximately ₹16,723). However, the company hasn’t announced any detail regarding its global release. HMD Global has also announced that it will release more smartphones in the first half of 2017. We’ll know more about its global plans next month at Mobile World Congress, which we’ll be covering live from the ground. So stay tuned for more.
[Source: HMD Global]