Xiaomi announced the Redmi 4X Hatsune Miku Special Edition earlier this month. Meanwhile, while we were tending to our business, as usual, we spotted a mysterious Xiaomi smartphone stopping by at the TENAA.
The unknown Xiaomi handset carries a model number MAE136. This handset listing shows the phone with a 5-inch display with 1280×720 pixel resolution. An octa-core chipset of an unknown make with all eight cores clocked at 1.4GHz to power the Xiaomi MAE136. It offers dual-SIM slot and supports 4G LTE networks.
The Xiaomi MAE136 runs Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow based MIUI ROM. By default, it packs 3GB of RAM and has 32GB built-in storage. The memory slot is capable of supporting a 128GB microSD card.
Xiaomi MAE136 Specifications
- Display: 5-inch screen with 1280×720 pixel resolution
- Software: MIUI ROM based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Processor: Octa-core chipset clocked at 1.4GHz
- Memory: 3GB of RAM
- Storage: 32GB, expandable to up to 128GB
- Camera: 13-megapixel with LED flash at the rear, 5-megapixel on the front
- Network: Dual-SIM, 4G LTE
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Radio, Infrared, GPS
- Battery: 4,000 mAh
- Dimensions: 139.24 × 69.94 × 8.65 mm
- Weight: 150 grams
- Colour: gold, rose gold, matte black, dark grey
Constructed using metal chassis, the Xiaomi MAE136 has a 13-megapixel camera at the back with a LED flash. On the front is a 5-megapixel camera for video calls and taking selfies.
Packing 4,000 mAh battery, the Xiaomi MAE136 is slightly on the heavier side due to its metal body. The phone will be sold in Gold, Rose Gold, Matte Black, and Dark Grey colour options. There is no word on whether this is yet another Redmi 4 variant or a new Redmi 5. We shall keep digging more about this new Xiaomi handset.