ZTE-owned Nubia is bringing the Nubia Z11 mini S smartphone to India. Unveiled first in China back in October, the Nubia Z11 mini S is touted to be a premium photography phone. Nubia has used Sony’s IMX range of image sensor to enhance the imaging experience using the rear and the front camera.
The Nubia Z11 mini S is crafted using aircraft-grade aluminium unibody chassis. The antenna bands at the back remind us of the iPhone 7. There’s a fingerprint scanner on the back and a capacitive home button the front.
The Nubia Z11 mini S equips a 5.2-inch 2.D curved glass display with Full HD resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass protection for scratch resistance. The display offers 85 percent NTSC colour gamut and 450 nits of brightness.
Nubia is all gung-ho about the Z11 mini S’ camera which utilises Sony’s IMX318 Exmor S sensor at the rear and IMX258 Image Sensor on the front. Also, the camera boasts of a 0.1s rapid focus to capture good amount of details. The company boasts that Z11 mini S can give DSLR-grade imaging quality. Take a look at the specs sheet.
Nubia Z11 mini S Specifications:
- Display: 5.2-inch Full HD display with 2.5D curved screen and Corning Gorilla Glass Protection
- Software: Nubia UI 4.0 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Chipset: 64-bit Octa-core 2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor with Adreno 506 GPU for graphics
- Memory: 4GB of LPDDR3 RAM
- Storage: 64GB of eMMC 5.1 space expandable with up to 200GB microSD card
- Rear Camera: 23-megapixel SONY IMX318 Exmor RS image sensor with PDAF+Contrast Focus, f/2.0 aperture, Sapphire Protective Lens, 6-piece Motor Drive Lens, NeoVision 6.0
Front Camera: 13-megapixel Sony IMX258 sensor, PDAF+Contrast Focus, f/2.0 aperture, 5-piece Lens, 80-degree wide-angle
- Network: 4G LTE, Hybrid Dual SIM
- Connectivity: Dual-band Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n/ac), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, A-GPS with GLONASS support
- Battery: 3,000 mAh Li-Po battery with NeoPower support
- Dimensions: 146.06 x 72.14 x 7.6 mm
- Weight: 158 grams
- Colours: Moon Gold and Khaki Grey
Commenting on the launch, Dheeraj Kukreja, Marketing Director, nubia India, said:
“Nubia is a metronome when it comes to pushing user experience. The Z11 Mini S will lead the way in camera phone(s). We have been meticulous in building this device, and it is tailored to meet the modern user’s requirements. The phone features a high-end camera that is powered by nubia’s proprietary NeoVision 6.0 photography system. It has everything a photography enthusiast can ask for, and that too in a phone. Z11 mini S comes 0.1s rapid focus and the capability to beautify videos on the fly and will serve as a bench mark in this segment. We are committed to our customers and will continue to focus on making Nubia the leading smart-phone brand in India.”
The company is counting on its NeoSafe 2.0 solution for making secure NFC-based mobile payments. Nubia has also added NeoPower 2.0 power management feature to manage the 3,000 mAh battery more efficiently. The Nubia Z11 mini S will start selling at Rs. 16,999 from 4 pm onwards tomorrow exclusively at Amazon India.