ZTE has announced a new budget smartwatch – the ZTE Quartz, built around Android Wear 2.0. The smartwatch features a 1.4-inch circular AMOLED display with Gorilla Glass 3 protection, and is IP67 rated for dust and water resistance. The ZTE Quartz will be available on TMobile.com beginning on Friday, April 14, and in select T-Mobile stores beginning Friday, April 21, for $192 or approximately ₹12,380.
Powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100 processor, the ZTE Quartz has 768MB of RAM and 4GB of ROM. The smartwatch packs a 500mAh non-removable battery that ZTE claims, will give you up to 2 days of standby time. The ZTE Quartz comes with interchangeable wrist bands and a range of customisable watch faces. It has a built-in speaker and a microphone for calls. ZTE has included GPS support along with 3G on the Quartz.
- 1.4-inch OLED display with Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Android Wear 2.0 operating system (compatible with phones running Android 4.3+ or iOS 9+)
- 1.1GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100 processor
- 768MB of RAM; 4GB of ROM
- IP67 rated (dust and water resistant)
- Built-in speaker + microphone
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n; Bluetooth 4.1
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyroscope and barometer
The smartwatch, however, doesn’t have an NFC chip. So Android Pay won’t work. The watch also lacks a heart rate sensor. But then, for the price, could you be asking for much more?