HMD Global-licensed Nokia is rolling out a new firmware update for its first Android smartphone – Nokia 6. Hyken Wong, a Nokia 6 user, shared details about the update hitting the phones. The phone had launched with Android 7.0 Nougat out-of-the-box.
The Nokia 6 is the first Android based smartphone out of Nokia’s stable and it was introduced last year in China. Now the phone owners are receiving a new 369MB update that packs more than bumping up the Android version.
Nokia 6 gets a 7.1.1 update. Great. pic.twitter.com/2JnjyUZQV5
— Hyken Wong (@hykenblue) April 14, 2017
The Android 7.1.1 update changelog:
- Version update to Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Enhanced power saving and background management
- Support 4G/3G dual SIM dual standby
- Update Nokia USB driver
- Update version of preload application
- Update Google Security patch April 2017
At the MWC, Nokia promised to make the Nokia 6 available across the globe in the second quarter. For those who are yet to get familiar with the phone, take a look at its specifications.
Nokia 6 specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch IPS LCD screen with 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution, 2.5D curved glass, 450 nits, and Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Software: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 with 64-bit octa-core CPU and Adreno 505 GPU
- Memory & Storage: 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64GB internal storage, and microSD card slot (up to 128GB)
- Rear-Facing Camera: 16MP (1.0um sensor and f/2.0 aperture), phase-detection autofocus, dual-tone LED flash, and 1080p video recording
- Front-Facing Camera: 8MP (1.12um sensor and f/2.0 aperture), 84-degree wide-angle lens
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM with 4G LTE, dual-band Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 (with A2DP and LE), GPS, USB OTG, and 3.5mm audio jack
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Fingerprint, Gyro, and Proximity
- Audio: Dual Stereo Speakers, Dual Smart Amplifiers (TFA9891), and Dolby Atmos
- Battery & Dimensions: 3000mAh; 154×75.8×7.8mm
[Source: Hyken Wong]