Gionee has finally announced its latest smartphone in the M series, the Gionee M6S Plus, as promised earlier. The Gionee M6S Plus comes in a metal unibody design and has a fingerprint sensor which is embedded in a home button at the front. The phone also has a large 6-inch display, 6GB of RAM and a massive 6020mAh battery.
Inside, it is equipped with an octa-core Snapdragon 653 processor coupled with Adreno 510 GPU. The major highlight of this smartphone is that it offers hardware encryption for mobile payments with the help of an encryption chip. The Gionee M6S Plus sports a 12-megapixel camera at the rear and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera. The smartphone is available in 64GB/256GB storage variants and also comes with 4G VoLTE support.
Gionee M6S Plus Specifications
- Display: 6-inch Super AMOLED display, 1080×1920 pixel resolution
- Processor: 2GHz Snapdragon 653 SoC with Adreno 510 GPU
- Software: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Amigo OS on top.
- Memory: 6GB
- Storage: 64/256GB internal storage
- Rear-facing Camera: 12-megapixel, autofocus, LED flash, F/1.9 aperture
- Front-facing camera: 8-megapixel resolution
- Network: 4G VoLTE dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, microUSB 2.0 port, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- Battery: 6020mAh
- Dimensions: 163mm×80.8mm×8.2mm
- Weight: 212 grams
Gionee M6S Plus Pricing & Availability
The Gionee M6S Plus with 6GB RAM and 64GB storage has a price label of CNY 3,499 (approximately ₹33,000), whereas the 256GB storage variant is priced at CNY 4,299 (approximately ₹40,000). The smartphone will be available for sale at JD.com from May 2 in China. There are no details about the phone’s global availability as yet.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, head over to our Facebook page