HTC is all set to launch its next flagship smartphone — HTC U 11 — on the May 16. In the meantime, the company continues to put up video teasers on its official YouTube channel. The latest teaser video is themed on “squeeze” and shows people squeezing a variety of objects. In short, HTC is hinting at the touch-sensitive edges of the upcoming HTC U 11 “Ocean” handset.
The teaser video appears to be a promo meant for the HTC U 11 and shows the act of squeezing things. However, at the 3 second mark, the video shows a glimpse of the phone’s touch sensitive edges for a second. Take a look at the video.
HTC U 11 is codenamed “Ocean”, and come to think of it, “Ocean 11” does make a lot of sense for the movie buffs. The smartphone is expected to house a top-of-the-line Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chipset coupled with 4GB of RAM. Hardware aside, we’re more interested in checking out things that its touch-sensors can do. Check out the purported specifications sheet of the phone below.
HTC U 11 “Ocean”: Specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch LCD Display with 1440 x 2560 pixel resolution
- Chipset: Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 with Adreno 540 GPU
- Memory: 4GB of RAM
- Storage: 64/128GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Software: HTC Sense 9 UI based on Android 7.1 Nougat
- Rear-Facing Camera: 12-megapixel sensor (Sony IMX362), dual-tone LED flash, f/1.7 aperture, OIS, and 4K video recording
- Front-Facing Camera: 16-megapixel sensor (Sony IMX351) with f/2.0 aperture
- Network & Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS with GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- Security: Fingerprint Sensor
HTC U 11 will be launched simultaneously in Taipei, New York, and London on May 16.