Top Chinese smartphone maker Huawei today announced a new mid-range Android smartphone dubbed the Y7. The smartphone features a premium metal body and offers pretty decent hardware specifications as well.
The Y7 sports a large 5.5-inch display with 720 x 1280 HD resolution and 2.5D glass on top. It runs on Qualcomm’s speedy Snapdragon 435 octa-core SoC clocked at 1.4 GHz, with the Adreno 505 GPU and 2GB of RAM. You get 16GB of internal memory, which can be further expanded by up to 128GB via a microSD card.
Huawei Y7 comes with a 12MP rear camera that offers large 1.25-micron sized pixels and Phase Detection Auto Focus (PDAF). The 8MP selfie camera on the front features face recognition technology and a beauty mode, helping you take great selfies.
Huawei Y7 Specifications:
- Display: 5.5-inch 720 x 1280 (HD) screen
- Software: Android 7.0 Nougat with EMUI 5.1
- Chipset: Octa-Core 1.4 GHz Snapdragon 435 processor
- Memory: 2GB of RAM, 16GB ROM, expandable up to 128GB
- Rear Camera: 12-megapixel with f/2.2 aperture lens, LED flash
- Front Camera: 8-megapixel
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- Battery: 4000mAh
The Y7 also impresses with a large 4000mAh battery, claimed to deliver up to 20 hours of video playback and 15 hours of browsing time. The smartphone runs Huawei’s custom EMUI 5.1 skin, based on the Android 7.0 Nougat operating system.