Oppo has announced a new selfie-focused mid-range smartphone, the A77. The smartphone will be available in Taiwan first, where pre-orders are set to go live tomorrow.
The Oppo A77 sports a 5.5-inch display with 1080 x 1920 Full HD resolution, resulting in a pixel density of 401 pixels per inch. Powering the handset is a MediaTek MT6750T octa-core chipset clocked at 1.5 GHz, coupled with 4GB of RAM. There is 64GB of onboard storage, which can be expanded further via a microSD card. However, it should be noted that the A77 uses a Hybrid Dual SIM card slot, so you will need to sacrifice the SIM2 slot if you wish to expand the storage further.
The primary camera at the rear is a 13MP unit with phase detection autofocus, an f/2.2 aperture lens, and a dual-LED flash. For selfies, the A77 includes an impressive 16MP snapper on the front, paired with a bright f/2.0 aperture lens. The selfie camera offers Beauty 4.0 and Portrait Mode to let you take more attractive selfie shots. The fingerprint sensor is also positioned on the front, embedded inside the home button.
Oppo A77 Specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch 1080 x 1920 ( Full HD) screen
- Chipset: octa-core 1.5 GHz MediaTek MT6750T processor
- Software: Color OS 3.0 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Memory: 4GB of RAM, 64GB ROM, expandable up to 128GB
- Rear Camera: 13-megapixel with PDAF, f/2.2 aperture lens, and dual-LED flash
- Front Camera: 16-megapixel with f/2.0 aperture lens
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS with GLONASS
- Battery: 3200mAh
Moving on to connectivity, the Oppo A77 includes support for 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, and Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n. The battery inside is a 3,200mAh unit, a decent upgrade over its predecessor. The Oppo A77 runs on the manufacturer’s Color OS 3.0, based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.