Lenovo-owned Motorola unveiled two entry-level smartphones – Moto C and Moto C Plus – last month. Now, the smartphone brand has launched the standard variant, the Moto C, in the Indian market. The Moto C is priced at ₹5,999 in India, and it will be available in two colours: Pearl White and Starry Black. Unlike older Motorola smartphones, the Moto C will be available in the country in more than 100 cities from offline retailers.
The Moto C features a 5-inch display LCD screen with a 854 x 480 pixels resolution. The device is equipped with a quad-core 1.1GHz MediaTek MT6737M processor, 1GB of RAM (which is low for a modern-day smartphone), and 16GB internal storage. It has a microSD card slot for storage expansion, and it is compatible with up to 32GB microSD cards. It the smartphone boots up on Android 7.0 Nougat.
The Moto C sports a 5-megapixel rear-facing camera with an ability to record 720p videos. There’s a 2-megapixel front-facing shooter accompanied by an LED flash module for brighter low-light selfies. In terms of connectivity, the dual-SIM smartphone supports 4G VoLTE, GPS, A-GPS, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, microUSB 2.0 port, and a 3.5mm audio jack. The device has a polycarbonate body, weighs around 154 grams, and packs in a 2,350mAh battery.
Motorola Moto C: Specifications
- Display: 5-inch FWVGA display with 854 x 480 pixels resolution
- Processor: Quad-core 1.1GHz MediaTek MT67387M SoC with Mali-T720 GPU
- Memory: 1GB
- Storage: 16GB internal storage (expandable up to 32GB)
- Software: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Front Camera: 2-megapixel front-facing camera, 1.0 microns, 63-degree lens and a LED flash
- Rear Camera: 5-megapixel rear-facing camera, 1.4-micron pixels, autofocus, 74-degree field of view, LED flash, and 720p video recording
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM, 4G VoLTE support, GPS, GLONASS, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, microUSB 2.0 port, and 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 145.5 x 73.6 mm x 9mm
- Weight: 154 grams
- Colours: Pearl White and Starry Black