While Lenovo has decided not to update its expensive Phab 2 Pro to Android 7.0 Nougat, Xiaomi has now started rolling out the Android 7.0 Nougat update for its popular Redmi Note 4 smartphone. While the update is in the early phase currently, it has started hitting Redmi Note 4 units in a few markets around the world, including India. Unsurprisingly, the Nougat update does not bring the MIUI 9 update along with it. Instead, the update arrives with MIUI 18.104.22.168. The first MIUI 9 beta for the Redmi Note 4 is expected to be available later today, i.e. August 11th. For the final MIUI 9 update, Redmi Note 4 users may need to wait at least a few more weeks, if not months.
Weighing in at 1.3 GB in size, the update has so far been made available only to select users in India. Within the next few days, however, we expect it to become more widely available. Along with the MIUI 22.214.171.124 update, the Nougat OTA update also includes the July Android security patch.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display, up to 72% NTSC color gamut, 1000:1 contrast ratio
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor
- 2GB RAM with 32GB storage / 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory with microSD card slot
- MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, dual-tone LED Flash, F2.0 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera, F2.0 aperture, 85-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 151x76x8.35mm; Weight: 175g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh (minimum) / 4100mAh (typical) battery
Have you received the Nougat update on your Redmi Note 4? If you have, do leave a comment down below and let us know what you think of it.