One of the most eagerly awaited flagships of 2017, the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 has finally been officially unveiled. As expected, the Galaxy Note 8 is similar to the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ from earlier this year in most respects, but does offer a few significant upgrades as well. With a new dual-camera setup at the rear, Samsung claims the Galaxy Note 8 packs its best-ever smartphone camera.
Galaxy Note 8 Specifications
- Display: 6.3-inch Quad HD+ dual-curved Super AMOLED Infinity Display with 521 PPI pixel density, Mobile HDR Premium certification
- Processor: Octa-core 2.35 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor with Adreno 540 GPU / Octa-core 2.3 GHz Exynos 9 8895 processor with Mali-G71 MP20 GPU
- Memory: 6GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB/ 128GB / 256GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB with a microSD card
- Operating System: Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Rear Camera: 12MP primary sensor with Dual Pixel AF, f/1.7 aperture wide-angle lens and optical image stabilization + 12MP secondary sensor with optical image stabilization, f/2.4 aperture Telephoto lens, 2x optical zoom
- Front Camera: 8MP auto-focus camera with f/1.7 aperture lens
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band, VHT80 MU-MIMO, 1024 QAM, Bluetooth 5.0 Low Energy, ANT+, USB Type-C, NFC, MST, GPS with GLONASS, 4G VoLTE
- Biometric Authentication Types: Iris Scanner, Fingerprint Scanner, Facial Recognition
- Battery: 3300mAh with fast wired and wireless charging (WPC and PMA)
- Dimensions: 162.5 x 74.8 x 8.6mm
- Weight: 195 grams
- Colors: Midnight Black, Maple Gold, Orchid Grey, and Deep Sea Blue
Samsung has made a number of improvements to the S Pen as well. The latest S Pen features a finer tip and boasts improved pressure sensitivity for higher precision than ever before. A cool new feature is the ability to share animated texts or drawings across apps with animated GIF support. Samsung is calling this new feature “Live Message”. Another new feature is Screen off memo. You can now take notes up to 100 pages long even without turning on the display. The notes can then be pinned to the Always On Display. You can even edit the notes directly from the Always On Display. When travelling abroad, you can use the improved S Pen Translate feature to hover over text to quickly translate it. Not just text, the feature can also convert units as well as currencies.
The Galaxy Note 8 is slated to begin shipping globally starting mid-September. Consumers in the US can pre-order the phablet starting tomorrow, i.e. August 24th. Carriers in the US will begin shipping the Note 8 September 15th onwards.
[Source: Samsung Mobile Press]