Chinese smartphone giant Vivo officially sent out press invites for the launch of the X20 smartphone earlier today. The company will launch the Vivo X20 in China on September 21. It is expected to feature a bezel-less display with 18:9 aspect ratio. The Vivo X20 and the Vivo X20 Plus have already received TENAA certifications a few days ago, confirming their hardware specifications.
Speaking of the Vivo X20, the smartphone features a 5.2-inch FullView HD display, similar to that of the recently unveiled Vivo V7 and V7+. Under the hood, the device is expected to come equipped with a Snapdragon 660 processor, 4GB of RAM, and 64GB of internal storage. The unique selling point of the smartphone would be its 24-megapixel front-facing camera. It runs Android 7.1 Nougat out of the box with FunTouch OS version 2.6 on top of it.
Coming to the Vivo X20 Plus, it might come with a larger 5.7-inch FullView HD display, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 octa-core processor, 6GB of RAM, and 64GB of internal storage. This smartphone is expected to keep the 24MP camera at the front, too. Both the variants might get a 3,500mAh battery. Other additional features include a dual-rear-facing camera setup, a fingerprint sensor on the back, 4G VoLTE support, and a metal unibody design.
Let’s check out the specs in more detail.
Vivo X20 & X20 Plus: Specifications
- Display: 5.2-inch & 5.5-inch FullViews display with 18:9 aspect ratio
- Processor: Snapdragon 660 SoC
- Software: Android 7.1 Nougat-based Funtouch OS
- Rear-facing camera: 24-megapixel + 16-megapixel dual-camera, dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, 4K video recording
- Front-facing camera: 24-megapixel with soft LED flash
- Battery: 3500mAh with fast charging support
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM, 4G LTE with VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS, USB Type-C port, and 3.5mm headphone port
- Colours: Black, Gold