The LG G6, which was launched in India at Rs.51,990 back in April this year, has received yet another price cut. Soon after its launch, the smartphone was available for Rs.41,990 on Amazon India, a discount of Rs.10,000. The price later dropped to Rs.38,990 for a limited period of time, although only for Amazon Prime subscribers. This time, however, the price cut is effective not only on Amazon India but also on other online as well as offline retailers across the country. On Amazon India, the G6 is currently available for Rs.37,990 only in the Astro Black and Mystic White colors. The Ice Platinum color variant, at least for now, carries a slight premium at Rs.39,990.
LG G6 Specifications
- Display: 5.7-inch IPS FullVision display with 1440 x 2880 (QHD+) resolution and 18:9 aspect ratio
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 2.35 GHz quad-core processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- Memory: 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB ROM (expandable up to 2TB)
- Rear Camera: 13MP (f/2.4) + 13MP (f/1.8) dual-cameras with OIS and 4K video capture
- Front Camera: 5MP (f/2.2) with 1080p video capture
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band, Bluetooth 4.2 Low Energy, GPS with GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C, FM radio, 4G VoLTE
- Battery: 3,300mAh non-removable with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat with LG UX 6.0
- Dimensions: 148.9 x 71.9 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 163 grams
At Rs.37,990, the LG G6 is now one of the most affordable flagship smartphones from a leading Android OEM currently on sale in the country. Perhaps its toughest rival is the OnePlus 5, which is priced at Rs.32,999 for the 6GB RAM variant and Rs.37,999 for the 8GB RAM variant. While the LG G6 only includes 4GB of RAM, it is still a strong rival in other areas. The Galaxy S8 from Samsung, on the other hand, is still available for Rs.57,900. Being cheaper by Rs.19,910, the G6 no doubt offers better value by far.