As confirmed last week, Samsung today formally launched the Galaxy Note8 in India. The flagship smartphone has been priced at Rs.67,900, which is lower than what some reports had been suggesting. In India, Samsung will be offering the flagship phablet in Midnight Black and Maple Gold colors. Pre-bookings for the Galaxy Note8 begin today, while sales commence on September 21. While the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ are Flipkart-exclusive, the Galaxy Note8 will be sold exclusively by Amazon India. It will also be available online from Samsung Shop.
Samsung is offering an Introductory Offer for Galaxy Note8 consumers, comprising a one-time screen replacement and a free convertible wireless charger. If you have an old Samsung Galaxy device, you can benefit from the new ‘Samsung Upgrade’ program that claims to offer the best value to users when they trade in their old device for the Galaxy Note8. Jio subscribers can get up to 448GB of extra 4G data over a period of 8 months, along with a complimentary Jio Prime membership. Samsung is also offering a cashback of Rs.4,000 to customers making their Galaxy Note8 purchase using an HDFC credit card.
Mr. HC Hong, President and CEO, Samsung Southwest Asia, said, “India loves the Galaxy Note for the infinite possibilities it offers with its big screen, unique S Pen and multi-tasking capabilities. I take this opportunity to thank all our consumers in India who have made Samsung the Most Trusted Brand, especially those who have patiently waited for their next Note. This time, we have made the Galaxy Note8 bigger and better and added ‘Make for India’ innovations that will transform lives yet again. Galaxy Note8 lets people do things they never thought were possible.”
“Galaxy Note8 with its stunning Infinity Display, enhanced S Pen and a true Dual Camera, is designed for those who want to do bigger things. At Samsung, we listen to our consumers and bring in meaningful innovations that help make their lives better. With this launch, Samsung will further consolidate its leadership in the premium smartphone segment in India,” said Mr. Asim Warsi, Senior Vice President, Mobile Business, Samsung India.
Galaxy Note 8 Specifications
- Display: 6.3-inch Quad HD+ dual-curved Super AMOLED Infinity Display with 521 PPI pixel density, Mobile HDR Premium certification
- Processor: Octa-core 2.35 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor with Adreno 540 GPU / Octa-core 2.3 GHz Exynos 9 8895 processor with Mali-G71 MP20 GPU
- Memory: 6GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB/ 128GB / 256GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB with a microSD card
- Operating System: Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Rear Camera: 12MP primary sensor with Dual Pixel AF, f/1.7 aperture wide-angle lens and optical image stabilization + 12MP secondary sensor with optical image stabilization, f/2.4 aperture Telephoto lens, 2x optical zoom
- Front Camera: 8MP auto-focus camera with f/1.7 aperture lens
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band, VHT80 MU-MIMO, 1024 QAM, Bluetooth 5.0 Low Energy, ANT+, USB Type-C, NFC, MST, GPS with GLONASS, 4G VoLTE
- Biometric Authentication Types: Iris Scanner, Fingerprint Scanner, Facial Recognition
- Battery: 3300mAh with fast wired and wireless charging (WPC and PMA)
- Dimensions: 162.5 x 74.8 x 8.6mm
- Weight: 195 grams
- Colors: Midnight Black, Maple Gold, Orchid Grey, and Deep Sea Blue