Gionee, which gained popularity in the Indian market with its lineup of selfie-focused smartphones, has now launched a new Android smartphone with a high-resolution selfie camera. The new X1s succeeds the X1 smartphone that the manufacturer had launched last month. Thanks to a few significant upgrades, the new X1s is priced higher than the X1 at Rs.12,999. It will go on sale in the country via offline retail stores starting September 21st in Black and Gold colors. Gionee has teamed up with Airtel to provide up to 10GB additional data per month for 6 months on data recharges of 1GB and higher. Customers will also receive two Paytm cashback voucher codes worth Rs.250, which can be redeemed when making a purchase of minimum Rs.350 on Paytm mall.
Gionee X1s Specifications
- Display: 5.2-inch 720 x 1280 HD resolution with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Processor: MediaTek MT6737T quad-core 64-bit processor clocked at 1.3 GHz with Mali-T720 GPU
- Memory: 3GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, further expandable up to 256GB via a dedicated microSD card slot
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat with Amigo 4.0
- Rear Camera: 13-megapixel with LED flash
- Front Camera: 16-megapixel with Face Beauty 2.0
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Dual SIM slots, Bluetooth 4.2 Low Energy, GPS with A-GPS, 4G VoLTE
- Battery: 4000mAh non-removable
- Fingerprint Sensor: Rear-mounted
By launching Gionee X1s we aim to offer our consumers with an outstanding confluence of advanced technology accompanied with enhanced selfie + battery capabilities. We have received a good response for X1 and the aim with the X series is to establish a stronger connect with the younger audience. The X1s brings consumers premium photography and advanced features that goes well beyond the conventional boundaries for this price segment. We are confident our users will embrace this fresh, stylish and innovatively propelled device, said Alok Shrivastava, Director – Business Intelligence and Planning, Gionee India.