It was back in June this year that a report revealed the existence of the Galaxy Tab Active 2. It’s been quite some time since then, and the tablet has now visited the GFXBench benchmark database, giving us a look at key specifications. The GFXBench entry is for the LTE model that had received FCC certification in the US last week, but its specs were, until now, a puzzle.
The Galaxy Tab Active 2 should feature an 8-inch display with a resolution of 1280×800 pixels, with the Exynos 7870 chipset powering it along with 3GB of RAM. It will have 8-megapixel and 5-megapixel rear and front cameras for imaging, with 16GB of internal storage. On the software front, the tablet is running Android 7.1 Nougat, and we will likely see it feature the same new Samsung Experience user interface that runs on the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy Note 8.
Like the first Galaxy Tab Active, the Tab Active 2 should also have a rugged body to weather the elements and protect against shock and drops. As far as the pricing of the tablet is concerned, it is reportedly set to retail at a price between $500 and $600, though final pricing will only be revealed once the device gets announced. It could be launched in Europe and Latin America later this year, even though it has missed its expected IFA 2017 debut. As for a launch in India, it’s highly unlikely Samsung will sell the tablet here, given the general lack of interest in tablet devices in the Indian market today.
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 2: Rumored Specifications
- Display: 8-inch display, 1280 x 800-pixel resolution, Gorilla Glass protection
- Processor: Octa-core Exynos 7870
- Software: Android 7.1 Nougat
- Memory: 3GB
- Storage: 16GB onboard memory
- Rear camera: 8-megapixel with LED flash, autofocus, HDR mode, 1080p video recording
- Front camera: 5-megapixel
- Connectivity: LTE support, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC and microUSB 2.0 port
- Extras: Anti-shock covering, stylus, IP68 standard
- Colours: Black
- Price: Around $500 to $600
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, like our Facebook page