Sony Mobile today launched the Xperia XA1 Plus mid-range Android smartphone in India. As you may guess from its name, the Xperia XA1 Plus is a bigger version of the Xperia XA1 that was launched in India back in April. It was made official by Sony at IFA this year, alongside the Xperia XZ1 and Xperia XZ1 Compact smartphones. The new Xperia XA1 Plus has been priced at Rs.24,990 and will be available in stores across India starting tomorrow. It comes in three color options – Gold, Blue, and Black. In terms of design, the XA1 Plus isn’t very different from the regular XA1. However, unlike the regular Xperia XA1, the new Xperia XA1 Plus does include a fingerprint sensor. Like other Xperia smartphones with a fingerprint sensor, it is embedded inside the power button on the side of the handset.
Sony Xperia XA1 Plus Specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch 1080 x 1920 Full HD IPS panel with Sony’s Image Enhance Technology
- Processor: MediaTek Helio P20 2.3 GHz octa-core 64-bit processor with ARM Mali-T880 GPU
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat, confirmed upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 32GB storage, expandable by up to 256GB with a microSD card
- Rear Camera: 23MP Exmor RS sensor with f/2.0 aperture lens, Hybrid AF, SteadyShot stabilization, LED flash
- Front Camera: 8MP Exmor R sensor with f/2.0 aperture 23mm wide-angle lens
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 Low Energy, NFC, GPS with A-GPS, USB Type-C port, 4G VoLTE
- Battery: 3430mAh capacity with Qnovo Adaptive charging, fast charging supported
- Dimensions: 155 x 75 x 8.7mm
- Weight: 190 grams
While the Xperia XA1 Plus is certainly not a bad smartphone in terms of the hardware specs, we do feel that it has been overpriced in India. Sony has almost always got the pricing wrong with its Xperia smartphones in India, so we aren’t surprised at all.
[Via: The Mobile Indian]
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, like our Facebook page