HTC announced its flagship smartphone for 2017 – the HTC U11 – with some phenomenal features and specifications. It was equipped with a Snapdragon 835 processor, a brilliant 12MP camera with OIS, and a squeezable frame that can be customised to perform various actions. It became one of the best phones we’ve tested this year. The company has been reportedly planning the launch of the HTC U11 Plus, a bezel-less variant of the U11. Now, it looks like the launch of the HTC U11 Plus is about to take place, as HTC is holding an event in Taipei on November 2. We think that the Taiwanese firm will make the HTC U11 Plus official at this event.
As far as the specifications of the device are concerned, the HTC U11 Plus is rumoured to offer a bezel-less 6-inch screen with an aspect ratio of 18:9. The screen could have a resolution of 2880 x 1440 pixels (Quad HD+). However, the rest of the specifications of the U11 Plus are likely to remain similar to that of the HTC U11. Under the hood, the phone will certainly use an octa-core Snapdragon 835 chipset, 6GB of RAM, and 64GB/128GB of on-board storage. Furthermore, it might offer a 12MP rear-facing camera with OIS, UltraSpeed Autofocus, and 4K video recording. At the front, the phone might feature an 8MP or a 16MP camera with f/2.0 aperture and 1080p video recording.
HTC U11 Plus: Rumored Specifications
- Display: 6-inch display, Quad HD+ (1440 x 2880) resolution, 18:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Processor: Octa-core Snapdragon 835 chipset with Adreno 540 GPU
- Software: Android 7.1 Nougat
- Memory: 4GB/6GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB/128GB on-board storage (expandable by up to 2TB via a microSD card)
- Rear-facing camera: 12-megapixel camera, f/1.7 aperture, UltraSpeed Autofocus, OIS, and 4K video recording
- Front-facing camera: 8/16-megapixel camera
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM, 4G LTE, VoLTE, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC, and USB Type-C port
- Battery: 3,300mAh with Quick Charge 3.0 support
- Colours: Brilliant Black and Amazing Silver