The upcoming HTC U11 Plus, which is set to be made official on the 2nd of November at an event in Taipei, has been spotted on the popular GFXBench graphics benchmark database. The benchmark listing confirms pretty much all the rumored specs of the smartphone, including the 6-inch Quad HD+ resolution display. It will be HTC’s third flagship for 2017 and its first with a “bezel-less” design.
In most areas, the HTC U11 Plus will be identical to the current U11. The main difference, however, will be the display. While the U11 features a 5.5-inch display with a 16:9 aspect ratio, the U11 Plus is going to sport a bigger 6-inch display with 1440 x 2880 Quad HD+ resolution and 18:9 aspect ratio. The ‘bezel-less’ design should mean that the U11 Plus will not be significantly larger than the U11, despite packing a 0.5” bigger display. It is likely to be more or less similar to the LG V30 in terms of physical footprint, a device featuring an identical 6-inch sized display with 1440 x 2880 resolution.
Powering the U11 Plus will be Qualcomm’s octa-core 64-bit Snapdragon 835 chipset clocked at 2.4 GHz, with an Adreno 540 GPU. It will be paired with 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM and 64GB of internal storage. Like the U11, we do expect HTC to launch a variant with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of built-in storage in select markets.
In the camera department, HTC U11 Plus will feature the same 12MP rear-facing camera as the U11, while for selfies you will get an 8MP snapper on the front. On the software front, the upcoming flagship will be running on the Android 8.0 Oreo operating system out of the box, with HTC’s Sense UI layer on top.
HTC U11 Plus: Rumored Specifications
- Display: 6-inch display, Quad HD+ (1440 x 2880) resolution, 18:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Processor: Octa-core Snapdragon 835 chipset with Adreno 540 GPU
- Software: Android 8.0 Oreo
- Memory: 4GB/6GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB/128GB onboard storage (expandable by up to 2TB via a microSD card)
- Rear-facing camera: 12-megapixel camera, f/1.7 aperture, UltraSpeed Autofocus, OIS, and 4K video recording
- Front-facing camera: 8/16-megapixel camera
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM, 4G LTE, VoLTE, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC, and USB Type-C port
- Battery: 3,300mAh with Quick Charge 3.0 support
- Colours: Brilliant Black and Amazing Silver