HMD Global just announced its latest Nokia-branded smartphone, the Nokia 7, in China at an event it had scheduled earlier. The company decided to use a glass-and-metal build for the Nokia 7, similar to most high-end smartphones these days. The phone uses a vacuum-moulded 3D Corning Gorilla Glass panel in combination with 7000 series aluminium and diamond-cut bevelled edges. In-short, it packs an octa-core processor, at least 4GB of RAM, and runs Android 7.1 Nougat out-of-box.
Nokia 7: Pricing and Availability
The Nokia 7 comes in Gloss Black and Matt White. The 4GB RAM variant of the smartphone is priced at CNY 2,499 (about Rs. 24,519) in China and the 6GB RAM variant retails for CNY 2,699 (about Rs. 26,481). It will be available in China starting October 24. As of now, Nokia has not revealed any information about its global availability yet, but going by the company’s track record over the past few months, we can expect the device to be introduced in other markets in the next few weeks.
Nokia 7: Features
The Nokia 7 features a 5.2-inch IPS LCD display with Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels) and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. Under the hood, the phone is equipped with an octa-core Snapdragon 630 chipset that is paired with either 4GB or 6GB of RAM (depending on the variant) and 64GB of internal storage. On the software front, it runs Android 7.1 Nougat out-of-the-box with stock Android user interface. The company has also promised Android 8.0 Oreo update for the phone by the year-end or early next year.
The Nokia 7 uses a 16MP rear-facing camera with f/1.8 aperture, a dual-tone LED flash, and 4K video recording. At the front, there’s a 5-megapixel shooter with f/2.0 aperture and an 84-degree wide-angle lens. Connectivity wise, you get a dual-SIM card slot, 4G LTE (with VoLTE), dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C port, and 3.5mm audio jack. The device also has “Zeiss Imaging Experience” with the Bothie feature and Nokia OZO audio. The phone is dust and splash resistant (IP54 certification) and has a 3000mAh battery.
Nokia 7: Specifications
- Display: 5.2-inch IPS LCD screen, Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels), Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 (with octa-core CPU)
- Software: Android 7.1 Nougat (upgradable to Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Memory: 4GB/6GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB, microSD card slot (compatible with up to 256GB cards)
- Rear-facing camera: 16MP, f/1.8 aperture, 1.12µm pixel size, dual-pixel autofocus, PDAF, dual-tone LED flash, 4K video recording
- Front-facing camera: 5MP sensors, f/2.0 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, 1080p video recording
- Connectivity: Hybrid dual-SIM card slot, 4G VoLTE, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, GPS, 3.5mm audio jack
- Battery: 3000mAh with 18W fast charging
- Extras: Fingerprint Reader, Nokia OZO audio, IP54 certification (dust and water resistance)