Xiaomi today launched two new power banks, both of which are manufactured in India at the company’s new manufacturing facility in Noida, Uttar Pradesh. For the most part, the new 10000mAh and 20000mAh Mi Power Bank 2i are very similar to the 10000mAh and 20000mAh Mi Power Bank 2 launched in India in June. The 10000mAh Mi Power Bank 2i features a metal unibody build, while the 20000mAh Mi Power Bank 2i uses ABS plastic construction for lighter weight as well as better grip.
Xiaomi India has seen exponential growth in India and today it enjoys market leadership in the smartphone segment. I believe a key reason for our success in the smartphone segment has been our commitment to India. We want our India Mi Fans to enjoy the best quality technology at an affordable rate, and manufacturing locally helps us achieve our vision. We are extending our commitment of building a truly localized company and hope to bring the ecosystem of world’s best powerbanks to India with our partners Hipad Technology.
We spoke to the team at Hipad Technology a year back, and encouraged them to look at the Indian market to set up a Power Bank facility. Hipad is our partner in China for Power Banks and their constant support has helped Xiaomi become the most popular powerbank brand in the world. We thought with the growing market size of Power Banks in India, it is important that we bring our manufacturing partners to India to provide Mi Fans a truly localized product and extend our commitment to Make in India.
Xiaomi 20000mAh Mi Power Bank 2i: Specifications
- Battery type: Lithium polymer
- Battery capacity: 20000mAh 3.7V (74Wh)
- Input parameters: 5.0V 2.0A / 9.0V 2.0A
- Output parameters: 2×5.1V 2.4A / 9.0V 2.0A / 12.0V 1.5A MAX 18W
- Charging time (approx.): 6.7 hours (9V/2A, OEM charger) / 10 hours (5V/2A, OEM charger)
- Dimensions: 149.5 x 69.6 x 23.9mm
- Weight: 358 grams
- Dual USB output
- Two-way fast charging
- 93% conversion rate
Xiaomi 10000mAh Mi Power Bank 2i: Specifications
- Battery type: Lithium polymer battery
- Rated capacity: 3.85V/10000mAh (38.5Wh)
- Input type: Micro USB
- Output type: USB-A
- Input parameters: 5.0V2.0A 9V/12V 18W
- Output parameters: 5.1V2.4A 9V/12V 15W MAX
- Charging time: 4.2 hours (18W charger, standard USB cable) 6.2 hours (10W charger, standard USB cable)
- Dimensions: 147 x 71.2 x 14.2mm
- Weight: 240 grams
- Dual USB output
- Two-way quick charge
- Nine-layer circuit chip protection
Pricing and Availability
Xiaomi 10000mAh Mi Power Bank 2i has been priced at Rs.799, while the 20000mAh Mi Power Bank 2i is priced at Rs.1,499. Both the power banks will go on sale starting 12PM November 23rd via Mi.com and Mi Home stores. Offline retail partners will begin selling them from next month onwards.