OnePlus has announced a new limited edition variant of its latest flagship smartphone at Comic Con India in Bengaluru. The new Star Wars Limited Edition OnePlus 5T features a white back with the Star Wars logo placed near the bottom. The rest of the phone is Black, including the buttons. Only the alert slider stands out with its bright red finish. The new Star Wars Limited Edition comes just days after the Lava Red variant that was launched exclusively for the Chinese market earlier this week. In most markets, the OnePlus 5T is currently available only in Midnight Black.
OnePlus 5T: Specifications
- Display – 6.01-inch Optic AMOLED, Full HD+ (2160×1080) resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Primary camera – 16MP Sony IMX398 primary sensor with f/1.7 aperture lens, secondary 20MP Sony IMX376K sensor with f/1.7 aperture lens, EIS, 4K video recording, dual-LED flash
- Secondary camera – 16MP Sony IMX371 sensor with f/2.0 aperture lens
- Processor – Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 clocked at 2.45 GHz, Adreno 540 GPU
- RAM – 6GB/8GB
- Storage – 64GB/128GB UFS 2.1
- OS – Android 7.1.1 Nougat with OxygenOS 4.7
- Battery – 3300mAh with Dash Charge fast charging
- Connectivity – Dual-SIM 4G LTE, VoLTE, dual-band Wi-FI ac/b/g/n, Bluetooth v5.0 with aptX HD, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C port, 3.5mm audio jack
- Extra features – Rear-facing fingerprint scanner
OnePlus 5T Star Wars Limited Edition: Availability
The new OnePlus 5T Star Wars Limited Edition is expected to be exclusively available in India, although the company is yet to announce any details regarding exact pricing and availability. More details regarding the same are expected to be made public next week. The OnePlus 5T is priced in India at Rs.32,999 for the 6GB RAM version and Rs.37,999 for the 8GB RAM version. It is likely that the Star Wars Edition will only be available with 8GB RAM, although it remains to be seen if it will carry a premium over the Midnight Black variant.