Asus has announced a minor Rs.1,000 price cut for its budget ZenFone Live smartphone. The ZenFone Live was announced in February this year but made it to the Indian market only in May for Rs.9,999. Later, Asus gave it a Rs.1,000 price cut, bringing the price down to Rs.8,999. After the latest price cut, ZenFone Live will retail for Rs.7,999 in India. While it still doesn’t offer great value for money, the price cut is definitely welcome.
The key USP of the Asus ZenFone Live is its Live Beautification feature that lets you apply a beauty filter in real time when livestreaming on social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and even YouTube. Both the front as well as rear cameras support the feature, so you can even switch between the two when going live. For clear audio recording, the smartphone comes with dual MEMS microphones that support active noise reduction.
Asus ZenFone Live: Features & Specifications
- Display: 5-inch IPS LCD, 1280 x 720 pixels resolution, 294ppi, 2.5D curved glass covering, 75% screen-to-body ratio
- Primary Camera: 13MP, Autofocus, LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, and Full-HD 1080p video recording
- Secondary Camera: 5MP, Autofocus, soft-light LED flash, 1.4 µm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, Full-HD 1080p video recording
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (1.2GHz 64-bit, quad-core Cortex-A53 CPU + Adreno 306 GPU)
- RAM: 2GB LPDDR3
- Internal Storage: 16/32GB, microSD card support (up to 128GB), 100GB Google Drive free space (2 years)
- Software Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Asus ZenUI 3.5
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM 4G LTE, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0, GPS, A-GPS, FM radio, 3.5mm audio jack, microUSB v2.0 port.
- Sensors: Accelerator, Ambient light sensor, E-Compass, and Proximity sensor
- Battery: 2,650 mAh Li-Ion (non-removable)
- Dimensions: 141.2 x 71.7 x 8mm
- Weight: 120 grams
- Additional Features: Real-time beautification during live streaming, 7.1-channel DTS surround sound, five magnet speaker.
If you’re considering getting a ZenFone Live, do make sure you go through our full review of the smartphone.