Xiaomi Redmi Y1 and Y1 Lite owners can finally download the MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM for their devices. The company today announced the MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM for Redmi Y1 and Y1 Lite is now rolling out. The rollout comes just a day after Xiaomi suspended MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM rollout for all compatible devices.
To download the latest MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM for the Redmi Y1 or Redmi Y1 Lite, you will need to check the updater app and look for a new OTA update. Alternatively, you can also download Recovery ROM to get the update installed. If you are an MIUI Global Beta ROM user, you can upgrade to MIUI 9 Stable by downloading the fast boot ROM. If you haven’t performed an update earlier, do go through our detailed guide on installing the MIUI 9 update.
MIUI 9 is a major upgrade over MIUI 8 in nearly every area and brings numerous new features to the table. Some of the major highlights include improve performance and system stability, notification shade, UI changes, App vault, updated Gallery app, Calendar cards, notification filter, home screen customization, Mi Drop, Mi Video app, smart photo editing, split-screen mode, new themes, stickers, and more.
- New – Switch for turning Battery saver automatically when charged (07-19)
- New – New display formats for update logs in Updater (07-25)
- New – Search for apps in the Dual apps settings (08-03)
- New – Mi Picks gets a new name and a new icon! Meet Apps! (08-21)
- New – Quick ball goes back to the edge after 3 seconds of inactivity (08-30)
- New – Added Mi Drop (11-09)
- Optimization – Protection from unintentional tapping for Dial pad (08-08)
- Optimization – Redesigned homepage (08-24)
- Optimization – Devices with rare Bluetooth profiles are hidden in the device list (08-29)
- Optimization – Simplified and improved the design of the virus scan result page (09-07)
- Optimization – New Feedback (11-09)