LG today sent out media invites for the launch of its flagship V30+ smartphone in India. The launch event will be held on December 13th at 11.30 AM IST in New Delhi. LG V30+, in case you aren’t aware, is identical to the V30 in all areas except for storage. While the V30 comes equipped with 64GB of internal storage, the V30+ includes 128GB of internal UFS 2.1 storage.
LG V30+ Specifications
- Display: 6.0-inch P-OLED display with 1440 x 2880 Quad HD+ resolution, 18:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, Dolby Vision/HDR10 compliant
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor with Adreno 540 GPU
- Memory: 4GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB UFS 2.1 storage, microSD card slot for further expansion
- Operating System: Android 7.1.2 Nougat with LG UX 6.0+
- Rear Camera: 16MP primary sensor with f/1.6 aperture lens + 13MP secondary sensor with f/1.9 aperture wide-angle lens, 3-axis optical image stabilization (OIS), laser + phase-detection autofocus, dual-tone LED flash, 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 5MP sensor with 1.12um pixel size and f/2.2 aperture lens
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band, Bluetooth 5.0 Low Energy, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC, DLNA, USB 3.1 Type-C port, 4G VoLTE
- Battery: 3300mAh non-removable with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Dimensions: 151.7 x 75.4 x 7.3mm
- Weight: 158 grams
- Extras: Fingerprint sensor, MIL-STD-810G, IP68 dust and water resistance, Quad-DAC, 24-bit/48kHz audio recording
LG V30+ India Pricing
Thanks to the higher onboard storage, the V30+ is priced slightly higher than the regular V30 in South Korea. While the India pricing will only be revealed next week, a recent report had suggested the V30 will be priced at a very competitive Rs.47,990 in the Indian market. In Korea, the LG V30+ was launched at 998,800 won, which converts to roughly Rs.59,000. Since the G6 was priced significantly lower than the Samsung Galaxy S8 in India, there is a good chance the V30+ will also undercut the Galaxy Note8 as well as the Google Pixel 2 XL.