Sony is expected to launch a bunch of mid-range and high-end smartphones next year. Over the past few days, we saw multiple leaks regarding these upcoming phones, but we now have few details about the high-end smartphone from Sony and the first device to offer a 4K OLED display with HDR. The phone we are talking about right now is the Xperia XZ Pro, and its specifications have been leaked through Xperia Blog. Let’s see what the smartphone has to offer.
Sony Xperia XZ Pro: Rumoured Specifications
The Sony Xperia XZ Pro will be the sequel to this year’s Xperia XZ Premium (review). The handset is said to sport a 5.7-inch 4K OLED display with HDR compatibility. Yes, you read that right, it is rumoured to feature an OLED screen with 4K resolution, and it will be the first smartphone to offer such a screen. Furthermore, the smartphone is supposed to be powered by the recently announced Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipset along with 6GB of RAM. It might feature 128GB of internal storage and it could also storage expansion (up to 256GB via a microSD card). The phone will most probably run Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box with some Sony customisations.
As far as its imaging prowess is concerned, it is said to sport a dual-camera setup, consisting of an 18-megapixel sensor and a 12-megapixel sensor. The primary sensor could have a pixel size of 1.33μm, while the secondary sensor might have a pixel size of 1.38μm. The rear-facing shooter can click images with background blur, 2x optical zoom, and a 4K video recording at 60fps. Speaking about the front-facing shooter, it is assumed to use a 13-megapixel sensor with f/2.0 aperture lens. The phone might be powered by a 3420mAh battery with support for Quick Charge 4.0. The handset is said to be available in four colours: Platinum Chrome, Jet Black, Golden Copper, and Cosmic Blue.
Sony Xperia XZ Pro: Rumored Specifications
- Display: 5.7-inch OLED display, 4K resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 on front & back
- Processor: Qualcomm’s octa-core Snapdragon 845 chipset
- Software: Android 8.0 Oreo
- Memory: 6GB
- Storage: 128GB onboard storage (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card slot)
- Rear-facing Camera: 18-megapixel primary sensor, 1.33μm pixel size, 12-megapixel secondary sensor, 1.38μm pixel size, Portrait Mode, PDAF, BIONZ image processing engine, 2x Optical zoom; 4K video recording at 60fps
- Front-facing Camera: 13-megapixel, f/2.0 aperture
- Extras: Iris scanner, Fingerprint scanner,Facial recognition, IP68 water and dust resistance
- Battery: 3420mAh battery with QC 4.0 support
- Colours: Platinum Chrome; Jet Black; Golden Copper; Cosmic Blue
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, like our Facebook page