After the report claiming the launch of the Galaxy A8+ (2018) in India and it early listing on Amazon, it was confirmed that Samsung was bringing the device soon to the India shores. Now, the Korean smartphone behemoth has sent out press invites for a launch event which will happen on the 10th of January 2018. There’s no doubt that Samsung will launch the recently announced Galaxy A8+ for the Indian market and that it will be an Amazon exclusive smartphone. Let’s see what the Galaxy A8+ (2018) offers in terms of features and specifications.
Samsung Galaxy A8+ (2018): Features
The Galaxy A8+ (2018) features a 6-inch Infinity Display with a Super AMOLED panel, Full HD+ resolution (2160×1080 pixels), 18:9 aspect ratio, and minimal bezels. The handset uses the Exynos 7882 chipset and comes in two variants. The lower priced variant packs in 4GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage, whereas the higher-end model has 6GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. Sadly, it still runs Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box even though Google released Android 8.0 three months ago. The phone is expected to get the Oreo update very soon, though.
As far as imaging capabilities are concerned, it sports a dual front-facing camera setup, consisting of a 16-megapixel fixed-focus sensor and f/1.9 aperture lens and an 8-megapixel secondary sensor with f/1.9 aperture. Both these sensors work in tandem to offer bokeh effect. There is a 16-megapixel rear-facing camera with phase-detection autofocus and f/1.7 aperture. The phone has a dual-SIM card slot, 4G LTE (with VoLTE), dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS (with A-GPS and GLONASS), NFC, USB Type-C port, and a 3.5mm headphone port.
Samsung has priced the Galaxy A8+ (2018) for EUR 599 (approximately Rs.45,300) in the European market. The company will announce the Indian pricing and availability on January 10 during the launch event.
Samsung Galaxy A8+ (2018): Specifications
- Display: 6-inch Super AMOLED display, Full HD+ resolution (1080×2220 pixels), 18.5:9 aspect ratio
- Processor: 2.2GHz Exynos 7885 octa-core processor with Mali-G71 GPU
- Operating System: Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Memory: 4GB/6GB RAM
- Storage: 32GB/64GB internal storage, microSD card slot (up to 256GB)
- Rear Camera: 16-megapixel sensor, phase-detection autofocus, f/1.7 aperture, LED flash, and 1080p video recording
- Front Camera: 16-megapixel sensor, fixed-focus lens, f/1.9 aperture, 8-megapixel secondary sensor, f/1.9 aperture, Live Focus feature with bokeh effect
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM, 4G LTE (with VoLTE), dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0 + L.E., GPS (with A-GPS and GLONASS), NFC, USB Type-C port, and 3.5mm headphone port
- Battery: Non-removable 3500mAh, Adaptive Fast Charging
- Extras: IP68 certification for dust and water resistance, Fingerprint Reader
- Dimensions: 159.9×75.7×8.3mm
- Weight: 191 grammes
- Colors: Black, Blue, Gold, Orchid Grey