Last month, Amazon India teased an upcoming Samsung Galaxy On series smartphone on its website. Back then, not much was known about the device being teased. Today, however, Amazon India confirmed that the upcoming device will indeed be the Galaxy On7 Prime, as suggested by an IANS report from last week.
Samsung Galaxy On7 Prime: Price, Availability
While Amazon is yet to confirm anything officially, it is expected that the Galaxy On7 Prime will be going on sale in India later this month. Now that Amazon has revealed the name of the device, we wouldn’t be surprised if an official announcement is made within the next few days. The exact price, however, remains a mystery for now.
Samsung Galaxy On7 Prime: Features
The listing on Amazon India doesn’t reveal the complete spec sheet of the smartphone but it does list a few key features and specifications. Samsung’s upcoming budget smartphone will feature a 5.5-inch PLS LCD display with 1080 x 1920 Full HD resolution and run on the company’s in-house developed Exynos 7870 octa-core processor. The Exynos 7870 is the same chip that powers the Galaxy On Nxt in India. In the memory department, Galaxy On7 Prime will be offered in two configurations – 3GB RAM + 32GB ROM and 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM. As for imaging, the smartphone features a 13-megapixel camera both at the rear as well as the front. Samsung Pay Mini support is included too, which means you will be able to make instant payments using UPI and leading mobile wallets.
Samsung Galaxy On7 Prime: Specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch 1080 x 1920 Full HD resolution PLS TFT LCD panel
- Processor: Samsung Exynos 7870 octa-core SoC clocked at 1.6 GHz, ARM Mali-T830 MP2 GPU
- Operating System: Android 7.1 Nougat
- Memory: 3GB / 4GB RAM, 32GB / 64GB onboard memory, microSD card slot for further expansion up to 256GB
- Rear Camera: 13-megapixel sensor with f/1.9 aperture lens, LED Flash
- Front Camera: 13-megapixel sensor
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 Low Energy, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, 4G VoLTE
- Extras: Samsung Pay Mini, full-metal unibody design