At the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2018 in Las Vegas last week, Chinese smartphone maker Vivo showcased the world’s first smartphone with an under-display fingerprint sensor. According to latest reports, the smartphone will be going on sale in China later this month as the Vivo X20 Plus UD. Ahead of the launch, the smartphone has been certified by Chinese telecommunications certification agency TENAA.
Vivo X20 Plus UD: Price, Availability
The Vivo X20 Plus UD is rumored to go on sale by the end of this month in China for 3,698 yuan (Rs.36,700 approx.). It is expected to be available in Rose Gold, Gold, Black with Gold, and Matte Black colors at launch. The chances of the X20 Plus UD making its way to India are not very high, since Vivo has refrained from launching its flagship X-series models in India so far.
Vivo X20 Plus UD: Features
The TENAA listing confirms that the X20 Plus UD will be nearly identical to the regular X20 Plus when it comes to hardware specifications. In terms of design, the only key differentiator is the lack of a circular fingerprint sensor at the back of the handset. It will differ from the regular X20 Plus slightly in terms of dimensions as well.
Vivo X20 Plus UD: Specifications
- Display: 6.43-inch AMOLED panel with 1080 x 2160 Full HD+ resolution and 18:9 aspect ratio
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 2.2 GHz octa-core SoC with Adreno 512 GPU
- Operating System: Android 7.1.1 Nougat-based Funtouch OS 3.2
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 128GB internal storage, microSD card slot for further expansion up to 256GB
- Rear Camera: 12-megapixel primary sensor with f/1.8 aperture lens, optical image stabilization (OIS) + 5-megapixel secondary sensor, LED flash
- Front Camera: 12-megapixel sensor with f/2.0 aperture lens and LED flash
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band, Bluetooth 5.0 Low Energy, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, 4G VoLTE
- Battery: 3800mAh non-removable with fast charging support
- Dimensions: 165.2 x 80.02 x 7.35mm
- Weight: 183.1 grams
- Extras: Under-display fingerprint sensor, ES9318 DAC
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, head over to our Facebook page