Chinese smartphone maker OPPO has continued working on the iteration of the OPPO A71 (2017), and as a result, it has launched its successor in India. The newly-unveiled OPPO A71 (2018), offers specifications that are slightly improved over the last year’s model. You now get a Snapdragon chipset instead of a MediaTek one, and there’s an AI (artificial intelligence) feature that’s being offered in for better selfies through the front-facing camera. Let’s check out the phone’s pricing, availability, and its competition in India.
OPPO A71 (2018): Pricing, Availability
The OPPO 71 (2018) comes in two colour options: Black and Gold. It is priced at Rs. 9,990 in India, and it will be available through Amazon, Flipkart, and Snapdeal in India. Given the launch of this new smartphone, OPPO has reduced the price of its predecessor – OPPO A71 (2017) – by Rs. 3,000. In this price range, the OPPO A71 (2018) will face a fierce competition from smartphones like the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and the Lenovo K8 Note.
OPPO A71 (2018): Features
The smartphone sports a display that’s similar to its predecessor, which means that you will still get a 5.2-inch IPS LCD screen with just HD resolution (1280×720 pixels). Under the hood, this new phone is equipped with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 chipset paired with 3GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage. It also has an option to expand the storage via the microSD card slot (compatible with up to 256GB microSD cards). Moving on to software, the phone boots the dated Android 7.1 Nougat operating system out of the box with customised user interface ColorOS.As far as the imaging capabilities are concerned, the OPPO A71 (2018) features a 13-megapixel rear-facing camera with autofocus, ƒ/2.2 aperture, and 1080p video recording. At the front, there’s a 5-megapixel camera sensor with fixed-focus lens and ƒ/2.4 aperture. This sensor uses something called the ‘AI Beauty Recognition Technology’, which claims to help you in capturing excellent selfies with bokeh effect (background blur for DSLR-like effect). Connectivity-wise, the phone features a dual-SIM card slot, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/A-GPS, microUSB 2.0 port, and a 3.5mm headphone port. It comes packed with a 3000mAh battery.
OPPO A71 (2018): Specifications
- Display: 5.2-inch IPS LCD display, 1280×720 pixels HD resolution
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 SoC (1.8GHz octa-core CPU + Adreno 506 GPU)
- Software: Android 7.1 Nougat-based ColorOS 3.1
- Memory: 3GB RAM
- Storage: 16GB internal, microSD card slot (up to 256GB)
- Rear-facing camera: 13-megapixel, autofocus, ƒ/2.2 aperture, LED flash, 1080p video recording
- Front-facing camera: 5-megapixel, fixed-focus, ƒ/2.4 aperture, Bokeh Effect, AI Beauty Recognition Technology
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, OTG support, 3.5mm audio port
- Dimensions: 148.1 x 73.8 x 7.6mm
- Weight: 137 grams
- Battery: 3000mAh
- Colour: Black, Gold