HMD Global has launched the Nokia 6 4GB RAM variant in India today. This new variant is currently listed on Flipkart, and it will be available in Matte Black colour. Earlier, the device was available with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage, which was launched last year in January along with the Nokia 3 and Nokia 5. Regardless of 4GB RAM and 64GB of internal storage, there’s no other change in this new smartphone.
Nokia 6: Pricing and Availability
As mentioned above, the Nokia 6 (review) 4GB RAM variant will only be available in Black. Moreover, the phone will only be available through Flipkart for Rs. 16,999. The company is also offering an additional exchange discount of Rs. 2,000. Given the price of the device and increased RAM, the Nokia 6 will now compete with the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro which was launched in India yesterday as well as with the Motorola Moto G5s Plus.
Nokia 6: Features
The Nokia 6 features a 5.5-inch IPS LCD display with Full-HD screen resolution (1080×1920 pixels). The screen is laminated with Corning Gorilla Glass panel for protection against scratches. Inside the phone, there’s a Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 chipset paired with Adreno 505 GPU. Now, you get a choice between two variants: 3GB RAM + 32GB storage and 4GB RAM + 64GB. However, there are no details available right now regarding the Android version of the newly launched variant. Nokia has already rolled out Android 8.0 Oreo beta update to the 3GB RAM variant of the phone.
Moving onto the imaging capabilities of the Nokia 6 4GB RAM variant, there is a 16-megapixel rear-facing camera with phase-detection autofocus, ƒ/2.0 aperture, dual-tone LED flash and 1080p video recording. On the front, there’s an 8-megapixel selfie camera with autofocus, ƒ/2.0 aperture, 84-degree wide-angle lens, and 1080p video recording. Connectivity-wise, the Nokia 6 features a dual-SIM card slot, 4G LTE, VoLTE calls, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS and A-GPS, microUSB 2.0 port, and a 3.5mm audio port.
Nokia 6: Specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch IPS LCD display, Full-HD 1080×1920 pixels resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Processor: Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 430 SoC with Adreno 505 GPU
- Software: Android 7.1 Nougat (upgrade possible to Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Memory: 3GB/4GB
- Storage: 32GB/64GB (expandable via microSD card slot)
- Rear-facing camera: 13-megapixel, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, dual-tone LED flash
- Front-facing camera: 8-megapixel, f/2.0 aperture lens
- Connecivty: Dual-SIM support, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 /b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS/A-GPS, 3.5mm audio port, microUSB 2.0 port
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Fingerprint, Gyro, and Proximity
- Battery: 3000mAh