It was previously reported that the Xiaomi Redmi Note Pro 5 would receive another security feature besides fingerprint recognition and this would be happening through an OTA update. For those that plan to pick up the impressive mid-range handset, Xiaomi’s PR of India has some very satisfying news for future customers. According to the company’s representative, Face Unlock is going to be given to the affordable smartphone, bringing in a brand new security feature for you to check out.
Clifton Jeff has reported through his official Twitter handle that the latest OTA update labeled MIUI 9.2.4, which is over 1.6GB in size, is going to be released for the smartphone very soon. Apart from bringing in Face Unlock, the phone will also get a wide range of stability improvements, thus breathing new life into the smartphone.
Xiaomi also unveiled the Redmi Note 5, which is a slightly less powerful but more affordable version of its bigger sized brother. If you want to check out details of the Redmi Note 5 Pro, do note that the device is going to be available to purchase very soon, so you can check out all the important bits in our detailed announcement here.
If you bought a Redmi Note 5 Pro today, you’ll see an update to v9.2.4 available out of the box – Brings significant camera improvements, stability optimizations, and Face Unlock! 😱 pic.twitter.com/3ORMHhTFs3
— Clinton Jeff (@clintonjeff) February 22, 2018
Hardware specifications and features of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Display: 5.99-inch 1080 x 2160 Full HD+ IPS display with 450 nits peak brightness and 18:9 aspect ratio
- Display protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 636
- Processor: 1.80GHz octa-core
- GPU: Adreno 509
- Operating system: Android 7.1.2 Nougat-based MIUI 9
- RAM and internal storage: 4GB / 6GB RAM configurations with 64GB internal storage and microSD card slot for further expansion up to 128GB
- Rear camera: 12MP Sony IMX486 primary sensor with 1.25um pixel size, f/2.2 aperture lens, phase detection autofocus + 5MP secondary sensor with 1.12um pixel size and f/2.0 aperture lens, dual-one LED flash with 1080p video recording
- Front camera: 20MP Sony IMX376 sensor with f/2.2 aperture lens, LED flash with 1080p video recording
- Wireless connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n dual-band, Bluetooth 5.0 Low Energy, GPS with GLONASS, 4G VoLTE
- Battery: 4000mAh
- Extras: Fingerprint sensor (rear-mounted), Face Unlock (latest OTA update) and IR blaster