Huawei’s sub-brand Honor has announced a new smartphone, the Honor 7C. The smartphone is a successor to the Honor 6C, and the biggest upgrades that the new phone brings to the consumers are an 18:9 display and a dual-camera at the rear. The phone has also received an upgrade in the design department as well. It has a metal unibody design and a rear-facing fingerprint reader. The phone is just 7.8mm thin, and comes packed with a Snapdragon 450 processor and a 2900mAh battery.
Honor 7C: Pricing, Availability
The Honor 7C will be available in Black, Blue, Gold and Red colours. The variant of the device with 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage costs CNY 899 (approximately, Rs. 9,235). The variant with 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage is priced at around CNY 1,299 (approximately, Rs. 13,345).
The smartphone is currently available in China, and will go on sale starting March 13, 2018. Currently, Honor hasn’t announced the global availability for this device. However, chances of the Honor 7C coming to India are uncertain, as the company didn’t bring its predecessor the Honor 6C to India last year.
Honor 7C: Features
The Honor 7C sports a 5.99-inch IPS LCD screen with HD+ resolution (1440 x 720 pixels), 18:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D curved glass display, and minimal bezels. Late last year, Honor brought the trend of minimal bezel screen with 18:9 aspect ratio to its mid-range smartphones, starting with the Honor 7X. Now, the company has brought the same feature to its affordable smartphone. The phone features a rear-facing fingerprint reader, similar to the other phones in the company’s lineup such as the Honor 7X, Honor 9 Lite and the Honor 9i.
Under the hood, the smartphone is equipped with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 chipset which has a 1.8GHz octa-core CPU paired with an Adreno 506 GPU. The smartphone comes in two variants: 3GB RAM+32GB storage and 4GB RAM+64GB storage. Both these variants have a microSD card slot for storage expansion, and they run Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box. It’s great to see Honor bringing Android 8.0 Oreo to even affordable smartphones and heat up the competition.
In terms of imaging, the Honor 7C features a dual rear-facing camera setup, featuring a 13-megapixel primary sensor with f/2.2 aperture lens, and a 2-megapixel secondary camera sensor. At its front, the smartphone features an 8-megapixel selfie camera with ƒ/2.0 aperture, accompanied by an LED flash. Connecivty-wise, there is support for two SIM cards, 4G LTE, VoLTE, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, GLONASS, and a 3.5mm audio port. The device is powered by a 2900mAh battery, but it lacks support for fast charging.
Honor 7C: Specifications
- Display: 5.99-inch IPS LCD screen, 2.5D curved glass panel, HD+ resolution (1440×720 pixels), 18:9 aspect ratio
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 chipset (1.8GHz octa-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU and Adreno 506 GPU)
- Software: Android 8.0-Oreo-based EMUI 8.0
- Memory: 3GB/4GB
- Storage: 32GB/64GB (expandable via microSD card up to 256GB)
- Rear-facing camera: 13-megapixel primary camera, F/2.2 aperture, LED flash, 2-megapixel secondary camera
- Front-facing camera: 8-megapixel, F/2.0 aperture, LED flash
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, FM Radio, 3.5mm audio jack
- Extras: face unlock fingerprint sensor (rear-mounted)
- Dimensions: 158.3 x 76.7 x 7.8mm
- Weight: 164 grams
- Battery: 2900mAh
- Colours: Black, Red, Gold, Blue