Huawei has officially announced one of its much-awaited smartphones, the Huawei P20 Lite, in the Czech Republic and Poland today. As opposed to expectations, the company has launched the phones ahead of the announcements of the Huawei P20 and Huawei P20 Pro, both of which will be announced on March 27th, 2018.
The Huawei P20 Lite has a lot going for it, which includes a taller 19:9 screen with minimal bezels, an octa-core Kirin 659 chipset, and has a dual rear-facing camera setup. Apart from these features, the P20 Lite also features an iPhone X-style screen notch (whether you like this trend or not) and Android 8.0 Oreo-based EMUI 8.0 software.
Huawei P20 Lite: Availability, Colours, Price
The Huawei P20 Lite will be available in three colours: Black, Blue and Rose Gold. The P20 Lite price is set at PLN 1,599 (approximately, Rs. 30,309) in Poland and will go on sale later this month.
The smartphone is priced at CZK 8,999 (approximately, Rs.28,313) in the Czech Republic, and will available starting April 1st, 2018. The Huawei P20 Lite’s global availability is yet to be announced, but the phone has already been put on sale in Europe’s offline market.
Huawei P20 Lite: Features
The Huawei P20 Lite has a 5.84-inch IPS LCD display screen with Full HD+ resolution (1080×2280 pixels), 19:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D curved glass display for the protection, and minimal bezels around it. That’s not all. The display also has a cutout at the top, similar to that of the Apple iPhone X and the recently announced ASUS ZenFone 5 lineup.
Under the hood, the Huawei P20 Lite uses the HiSilicon Kirin 659 processor, consisting of an octa-core Cortex-A53 CPU and the ARM Mali T830-MP2 GPU. The processor is paired with 4GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage, and the phone also has support for expandable storage (compatible with up to 256GB microSD cards). On the software front, the handset comes pre-installed with Android 8.0 Oreo-based EMUI 8.0 software.
As far as the P20 Lite’s cameras capabilities go, it comes with a vertically arranged dual-camera setup at its rear. The rear-facing camera setup consists of a 16MP primary sensor and a 2MP secondary sensor. At the front, the P20 Lite is equipped with a 16-megapixel selfie camera. The phone can record Full HD videos using the front as well as rear cameras.
Connectivity-wise, the phone features a dual-SIM card slot, GPS+GLONASS, FM Radio, 4G LTE, VoLTE, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, USB Type-C, and a 3.5mm audio port. The phone gets powered by a 3000mAh battery with support for fast charging technology.
Huawei P20 Lite: Specifications
- Display: 5.85-inch IPS LCD screen, Full HD+ resolution (1080×2280 pixels), 19:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D curved glass protection, minimal bezels, screen notch
- Processor: Kirin 659 SoC (octa-core Cortex-A53 CPU + Mali T830-MP2 GPU)
- Operating System: Android 8.0 Oreo-based EMUI 8.0
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB, expandable via microSD card (up to 256GB)
- Rear Camera: 16MP+2MP, phase-detection autofocus, LED flash, 1080p video recording
- Front Camera: 16-megapixel, fixed-focus, 1080p video recording
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM, 4G LTE + VoLTE, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS+GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C, FM Radio, 3.5mm audio port
- Battery: 3000mAh battery, fast charging support
- Dimensions: 148.6×71.2×7.4mm
- Weight: 145 grammes
- Colour: Black, Blue, Rose Gold.