The Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime smartphone was launched in India two years ago. Today, the South Korean smartphone maker Samsung, has launched the Galaxy J7 Prime’s successor in India as the Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime 2.
The smartphone is listed on Samsung’s official Indian website, but it only comes with small improvements in terms of imaging. It comes with a 13-megapixel cameras at the front as well as the back. Let’s have a look at the Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime 2 price in India, availability, features, and specifications.
Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime 2: Price in India, Availability
The Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime 2 comes in Black and Gold colour variants, and its price in India is Rs. 13,990. The phone will go on sale from Samsung’s shops in the next few days. The phone also will be available at retail outlets and store near you. However, India’s e-commerce giants – Amazon and Flipkart – haven’t listed the smartphone on their websites as of now.
Samsung J7 Prime 2: Features
The Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime 2 sports a 5.5-inch TFT screen with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass protection. The screen has Full-HD resolution (1080×1920 pixels), resulting in an aspect ratio of 16:9. At a much lesser price, many phones such as the Redmi Note 5 and the Redmi Note 5 Pro are now offering screens with minimal bezels and 18:9 aspect ratio.
Moving onto the internal hardware, the device is powered by the Exynos 7870 processor with 1.6GHz octa-core Cortex-A53 CPU. There’s 3GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, and support for expandable storage through microSD card slot (up to 256GB). The phone also falls short in terms of software experience, as it comes pre-loaded with the dated Android 7.1 Nougat while other phones are coming with Android 8.0 Oreo.
Also Read: How Samsung makes money selling the same phones with different names
In terms of imaging, the phone has 13MP cameras at the front as well as the rear, both with ƒ/1.9 aperture lens and 1080p video recording. Connectivity options include dual-SIM card slot, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, microUSB 2.0 port, and a 3.5mm audio port. The smartphone comes packed with a 3300mAh battery capacity. Last but not least, the handset also comes pre-loaded with Samsung’s native apps like Samsung Mall and Samsung Pay Mini.
Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime 2: Specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch TFT LCD, Full HD resolution (1080×1920 pixels), 16:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D Curved Corning Gorilla Glass Covering
- Processor: Exynos 7870 processor (1.6GHz octa-core CPU + Mali-T830 MP1 GPU)
- Software: Android 7.1 Nougat operating system with Samsung Experience UI
- Memory: 3GB RAM
- Storage: 32GB internal, expandable storage via microSD card slot (up to 256GB)
- Rear-facing camera: 13MP, autofocus, ƒ/1.9 aperture, Full HD 1080p video recording
- Front-facing camera: 13MP, fixed-focus lens, ƒ/1.9 aperture, Full HD 1080p video recording
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM card slot, 4G LTE + VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Bluetooth 4.1, microUSB 2.0 port, 3.5mm audio port
- Extras: Fingerprint Reader, Samsung Mall app, Samsung Pay Mini
- Battery: 3300mAh
- Colours: Black, Gold