At the beginning of this year, Samsung launched the Galaxy S8 and its successors: the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ (Review). The S9 and S9+ initially were released with Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box with Samsung’s Experience 9.0 UI on top. Well, we come bearing good news for those using these flagship smartphones. A fresh Geekbench entry reveals that the Galaxy S9 could soon get the Android 8.1 Oreo update. The smartphone has been benchmarked under the model number SM-G960F (which is the European version) packing an octa-core Exynos 9810 system-on-chip and running on Android 8.1 Oreo.
Samsung Galaxy S9: Android 8.1 Oreo update
Speaking about the impending rollout of Android 8.1 for the Galaxy S9, there has been no official word on the same as of now, or even a hint as to when Samsung plans to release the latest version of Android for the S9. Considering the recent rollout of Android 8.0 Oreo update for the Galaxy S9 predecessor (that is, the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+) Samsung had released almost four Oreo beta updates before the final release. For now, there is no information available on whether Samsung has any plans for beta updates for the Galaxy S9.
Samsung Galaxy S9: Features
The Samsung Galaxy S9 sports a 5.8-inch display that comes with a resolution of 1440×2960 pixels and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. The handset runs on either Exynos 9180 or Snapdragon 845 SoC depending on the region. The phone packs 4GB of RAM and is available in 64GB/128GB and 256GB variants. There’s a single 12MP sensor at the rear, which can adjust the aperture from f/1.5 to f/2.4 and also offers dual Pixel PDAF, OIS, and 4K video recording.
For selfies and video-calling, you get an 8-megagpixel front-facing camera that comes with f/1.7 aperture lens. Connectivity-wise, the smartphone offers dual-SIM support, 4G LTE, VoLTE, dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C port, and a 3.5mm headphone port. The whole package gets the power of 3000mAh battery that supports fast charging.
Samsung Galaxy S9: Specifications
- Display: 5.8-inch Super AMOLED display, 1440 x 2960 pixels resolution, 18:9 ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC with Adreno 630 GPU or Exynos 9810 processor with Mali-G72 MP18 GPU
- Software: Android 8.0 Oreo
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB/128/256GBGB internal storage
- Rear-facing camera: 12-megapixel camera, f/1.5 to f/2.4 aperture, dual-OIS, 4K videos, dual-tone LED flash, Bokeh Mode
- Front-facing camera: 8-megapixel, ƒ/1.7 aperture lens
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM support, 4G LTE, VoLTE, dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C port, 3.5mm headphone port
- Extras: Fingerprint Reader, Iris Scanner, Samsung Pay, IP68 Certification
- Battery: 3000mAh with Fast Charging support
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more such informative and exclusive tech content, head over to our Facebook page