South-Korea based smartphone vendor Samsung has launched the Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus and its younger sibling, the Galaxy A6. After numerous leaks that circled the Galaxy A6 Plus, the company has finally taken the wraps off its latest A-series offering. The following post underlines the top five features of the Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus which is expected to offer mid-to-high-end performance at a price that won’t break the bank.
Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus: Top 5 Features
1. 16MP+5MP Dual-Camera: The feature that stands out from the rest is the imaging capability of the smartphone. The device is designed specifically, keeping in mind all the selfie freaks around. The device offers a 24MP f/1.9 camera for selfies and video-calling. While megapixels aren’t everything if you intend to capture selfies in low-light conditions, the device is loaded with a front-facing LED flash too. At the back, the Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus comes with dual 16+5MP f/1.7 rear sensors. The secondary 5MP unit can be used for depth effects and refocusing the image.
2. Super AMOLED Infinity Screen: The second important feature of the Galaxy A6 Plus is its Infinity display design. The 6-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED display with almost-no bezels offers a top-notch visual experience that flows seamlessly over the edges. The Infinity Display design is coupled with an 18.5:9 aspect ratio which allows uninterrupted, immersive experiences while gaming or watching videos. Also, the smartphone has the Always On Display mode.
3. Octa-Core Processor: Moving over, another important aspect of the Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus is its performance. The smartphone is armed with an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 chipset paired with Adreno 506 GPU which delivers smooth sailing. You get to choose from two variants; 3GB RAM+32GB internal storage or 4GB RAM+64GB internal storage. The device is designed to support lag-free multitasking as well and also allows you to expand the onboard storage further using a microSD card up to 256GB.
4. Android 8.0 Oreo: The fourth standout feature is its software. The Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus boots the Android 8.0 Oreo operating system out of the box, and as the trend goes as far as the A-series smartphones are concerned, Samsung is scheduled to offer timely updates so that the Galaxy A6 Plus runs the latest operating system.
5. Fingerprint Reader: The fifth key feature of the Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus is its security. The device ships with a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor which is slotted below the back camera module. The device can record multiple fingerprints which can be used to unlock the device. If you feel that the positioning of the fingerprint sensor is odd and not to your liking, you can also use the facial recognition feature that lets you unlock the smartphone in a jiffy.
Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus: Other Specifications
The Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus is fuelled by a non-removable Li-Po 3,500mAh battery and features a dual-SIM configuration. For graphical performance that can make games run smoothly, the phone has got an Adreno 506 GPU. For connectivity, you have options like 4G with support for VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, GPS, and a USB Type-C reversible connector. Besides the fingerprint sensor, the device also comes with the facial recognition feature, using which you can unlock the smartphone by simply glancing at the screen. In terms of weight and thickness, the handset is 7.9mm thick and weighs around 191 grams.
Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus: Expected Price in India, Launch Date
Although there is no word on the pricing, the Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus is expected to make landfall early this month in ‘select European, Asian and Latin American’ countries followed by a broader launch in South Korea, China, and African countries. In India, the device should arrive by later this month and is expected to bear a price tag of anything less than Rs. 30,000.