Roughly a month after its debut in China, the Honor 10 is finally official for global markets, including India. The smartphone is the company’s latest flagship offering and its rival to the upcoming OnePlus 6. As an overall package, the Honor 10 certainly seems to be quite impressive and should prove to be a great alternative to the OnePlus 6. In this post, we will be taking a look at the smartphone’s top five features that make it a great buy for consumers looking to spend somewhere around Rs.35,000 on a new smartphone.
Honor 10: Top 5 Features
- The top feature of the Honor 10 is the 5.84-inch FullView display. Honor 10 is the company’s first flagship smartphone to feature a notched display, similar to the Huawei P20 and P20 Pro smartphones. The panel offers 1080 x 2280 Full HD+ resolution with a 19:9 aspect ratio and an impressive 96% coverage of the NTSC color gamut.
- The second key feature of the Honor 10 is the 16MP + 24MP dual-camera setup at the back of the smartphone with AI scene recognition. Honor says the smartphone has over 22 modes that it can choose depending on the scene and different objects within the frame in real-time. You also get Portrait Lighting, similar to the latest iPhones. The rear camera setup also offers 2x lossless zoom and 4K video recording.
- While the rear AI camera is mighty impressive, the front-facing camera is also equally impressive and happens to be the third key feature of Honor 10. Honor has gone with a 24-megapixel sensor on the front with an f/2.0 aperture lens. The selfie snapper supports AI beautification feature as well as facial recognition to let users unlock the smartphone simply by holding it in front of their face. It can also take portrait shots, just like the rear camera.
- The fourth key feature of the Honor 10 is the impressive performance that it offers. Similar to the Honor View 10 and the current Huawei flagship smartphones, the Honor 10 runs on the HiSilicon Kirin 970 octa-core processor that includes a dedicated Neural Processing Unit (NPU) for AI features. Honor claims that when it comes to AI, the NPU in the Kirin 970 is more powerful than the A11 Bionic chip from Apple and the Snapdragon 845 from Qualcomm. The octa-core processor is clocked at 2.4 GHz and integrates a Mali-G72 MP12 GPU.
- The final standout feature of the Honor 10 is SuperCharge technology, which allows the smartphone’s 3400mAh capacity battery to be charged up to 50% in just 25 minutes. And while 3400mAh may not sound very impressive, the efficient Kirin 970 processor and improvements made with EMUI 8.1 should allow the smartphone to deliver impressive battery life, at least when compared to its main rivals.
Honor 10: Other Specifications
The global variant of the Honor 10, just like the Chinese variant, includes 6GB of RAM. In terms of storage, the handset includes 128GB of built-in storage. There is no microSD card slot in the Honor 10, so further expansion isn’t possible. Connectivity features include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band, Bluetooth 4.2 Low Energy, NFC, USB Type-C, an IR blaster, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, and 4G VoLTE. Some of the other key features of the smartphone include a front-mounted ultrasonic fingerprint sensor and an AK4376A Hi-Fi audio chip. In terms of software, the Honor 10 runs on Android 8.1 Oreo-based EMUI 8.1 out of the box.
Honor 10: Price in India, Launch Offers, Pre-Orders
The Honor 10 is priced at Rs.32,999 in India. As we mentioned above already, the variant launched in India packs 6GB of RAM along with 128GB of built-in storage. It can now be pre-ordered online exclusively via Flipkart in Midnight Black and Phantom Blue colors and the shipping will begin from May 23. Honor is currently offering an additional Rs.5,000 off over the regular exchange value for its own as well as a select few devices from other manufacturers. Apart from the higher exchange bonus, the company is offering no cost EMI on Bajaj FinServ and other leading credit cards, 10% Instant discount with Axis Bank credit and debit cards, 5% instant discount on Visa cards for first 3 online payments, and extra 5% off with Axis Bank Buzz credit cards.
Honor is also selling the Honor 10 via its Hi Honor online store. Those of you who purchase it from the Honor online store will receive a coupon worth Rs.500, along with MobiKwik SeuperCash of up to Rs.2,000.