Several upcoming Xiaomi smartphones received their TENAA certifications in China last week. These devices bear model numbers M1805D1SC, M1805D1SE, and M1805D1ST. The handsets were believed to be variants of the Redmi 6, but it looks like their aren’t. One of the variants—M1805D1SG—received the FCC certification yesterday. The same device was also seen on Singapore’s Communications Authority website.
Now, it is being reported that the phone will be launched as the Mi A2 Lite, the global variant of the Xiaomi Mi 6X. However, we would like to mention that the names of the smartphones mentioned above haven’t been listed in these documents. Let’s see what the Mi A2 Lite could offer when it gets launched.
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite: Rumoured Features
Going by the TENAA listing of the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite, the smartphone will sport a 5.84-inch screen with Full HD+ resolution (2280×1080 pixels), 19:9 aspect ratio and 2.5D curved glass protection. Powering the device will be an octa-core 2GHz processor; it can either be a Snapdragon 625 or a Snapdragon 660. Three storage variants of the phone could be launched: 2GB RAM + 16GB storage, 3GB + 32GB storage, and 4GB RAM + 64GB storage. Apart from the internal storage, all the variants of the phone will have microSD card slots for storage expansion (up to 256GB).
On the software front, the smartphone will run Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box with the MIUI 9 customisation on top. The device will also house a rear-facing fingerprint sensor and it will have a metal body. As mentioned in TENAA certification, the Mi A2 Lite will measure 149.33×71.68×8.75mm and weigh 178 grammes. The device will feature a dual-camera setup, and one of those sensors will have 12MP resolution. On the other hand, i.e at the front, the smartphone will feature a 5MP camera resolution. Supplying all the power to the phone will be a 4000mAh battery, hopefully with support for faster charging.
For now, Xiaomi hasn’t scheduled any event for the launch of these newly certified products. However, we might get to learn more about them in the next few days when the Chinese smartphone maker starts teasing them officially.
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite: Rumoured Specifications
- Display: 5.84-inch IPS LCD display, Full HD+ resolution (2280×1080 pixels), 19:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D curved glass
- Processor: 2GHz octa-core CPU
- Memory: 2GB/3GB/4GB RAM
- Storage: 16GB/32GB/64GB (expandable memory up to 256GB via microSD)
- Software: Android 8.1 Oreo-based MIUI 9
- Rear-facing camera: 12MP primary sensor, 5MP secondary sensor, LED flash
- Front-facing camera: 5MP resolution, fixed-focal length
- Extras: Fingerprint Reader (rear-mounted)
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM card slot, 4G LTE + VoLTE, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth, GPS/A-GPS + GLONASS, microUSB 2.0 port, 3.5mm audio port
- Dimensions: 149.33×71.68×8.75mm
- Weight: 178g
- Battery: 4000mAh
- Colours: Black, Rose Gold, Gold, Blue, White, Red, Pink, Gray, Silver