Last week, Samsung launched its newest Galaxy J and Galaxy A series smartphones in India. The most affordable of the four new smartphones launched in India last week is the Galaxy J6, Samsung’s rival to the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro. If you are a Samsung fan and wish to buy a new budget Android smartphone soon, the Galaxy J6 is certainly a decent option. Let us look into top 5 features that make Galaxy J6 special.
Samsung Galaxy J6: Top 5 Features
- The top feature of Samsung’s new Galaxy J6 budget Android smartphone is undoubtedly the 5.6-inch sized Infinity Super AMOLED display. While Chinese OEMs have been offering affordable smartphones with 18:9 aspect ratio displays for quite some time now, the Galaxy J6 is Samsung’s first offering to come with a bezel-less front. Samsung has used a 720 x 1480 resolution HD+ panel on the Galaxy J6 with an 18.5:9 aspect ratio and a pixel density of 294 PPI.
- The next key feature of the Samsung Galaxy J6 is Face Recognition for advanced security. With the Face Recognition feature, you will be able to unlock the smartphone simply by holding the smartphone in front of your face. While this isn’t an all-new feature for the segment, it is certainly good to see features like face recognition trickle down to more affordable models in the Galaxy smartphone lineup. If you don’t wish to use the face recognition feature, you can simply unlock the smartphone using the rear-mounted fingerprint sensor.
- While we cannot call the Galaxy J6 the most impressive camera phone under Rs.15,000, the smartphone does promise decent imaging performance with a 13MP rear camera and an 8MP selfie camera on the front. Both the rear and front cameras on the Galaxy J6 have been coupled with f/1.9 aperture lenses. You also get an LED flash on both sides, making it easier to capture selfies in low-light. When it comes to video, both the cameras are capable of shooting Full HD resolution videos at 30fps.
- Samsung has introduced a new software feature with its latest Galaxy J series smartphones. Dubbed “Chat-Over-Video”, the new feature lets users continue using popular messaging apps such as WhatsApp while viewing videos, without having to pause or resize the video. Thanks to a transparent keyboard, you can keep watching the video without the chat app hampering you.
- The fifth top feature of the Galaxy J6 is its performance. While not best-in-class, the smartphone is certainly better than some of the older Samsung budget Android smartphones. It is powered by an Exynos 7 series 7870 octa-core processor clocked at 1.6 GHz with a Mali-T830 MP1 GPU. Samsung has paired the octa-core processor with 3GB of RAM in the base variant and 4GB of RAM in the more expensive variant. For further expansion, the Galaxy J6 includes a dedicated microSD card slot that will accept up to 256GB microSD cards.
Samsung Galaxy J6: Other Key Specifications
In terms of connectivity, the Galaxy J6 supports Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 Low Energy, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, FM radio, and 4G VoLTE. The smartphone is fueled by a 3000mAh capacity battery, although it does not come with fast charging support, which is disappointing. In terms of physical dimensions, the Samsung Galaxy J6 measures 149.3 x 70.2 x 8.2mm and weighs in at 154 grams. The smartphone runs on Android 8.0 Oreo-based Samsung Experience UX out of the box.
Samsung Galaxy J6: Price in India, Offers
The Samsung Galaxy J6 has been priced in India at Rs.13,990 for the 3GB RAM variant with 32GB of internal storage. For users requiring more RAM and storage, Samsung is selling the 4GB RAM variant with 64GB of internal storage at Rs.16,490. You can purchase the smartphone online on Flipkart, Samsung Online Shop, as well as Paytm Mall. The smartphone is also available at leading smartphone retail stores offline. As part of the launch offers, consumers who purchase the Galaxy J6 from Paytm Mall or using an ICICI Bank Credit Card on Flipkart will receive a cashback of Rs.1,500 on their purchase.