A couple of months ago, Sony debuted the Xperia XZ2 and XZ2 Compact at its MWC 2018 exhibition keynote in Barcelona, Spain. Prior to the launch of these handsets, it was revealed by user-agent profiles that the Sony H8116 and the Sony H8166 smartphones exist and they sport a 4K display.
The Sony H8166 has now been certified by China’s telecom regulatory authority TENAA. The certification documents reveals the specifications of the smartphone, and they are quite similar to that of the Sony Xperia XZ2. The phone is backed by a 2.8GHz processing chipset, 6GB of RAM, and is running Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box. Let’s find out other details of this handset.
Sony Xperia XZ2 Pro (H8166): Rumored Features
Going by the specifications revealed by TENAA, we can see that the device will feature a 5.8-inch TFT LCD display with 4K resolution (3840×2160 pixels). The handset measures 158×80×11.9mm in terms of dimensions and weighs around 234 grammes. The smartphone is equipped with a quad-core 2.8GHz processing chipset (most probably, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845). The phone packs 6GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage, as per the TENAA listing. Apart from the internal memory, the device will also have microSD card support that will allow storage expansion up to an additional 400GB. The smartphone is running Android 8.0 Oreo along with Sony’s customised user interface.
As far as the imaging aspect of the handset goes, it will feature a dual-camera setup at the rear. One of those sensors has 20-megapixel resolution. At the front, the smartphone is equipped with a 13-megapixel camera for selfies and video calling. In terms of connectivity, we might get to see features like dual-nano SIM card slot, 4G LTE, VoLTE, GPS/A-GPS/GLONASS, dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, Google Cast, Miracast, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, and USB 3.1 Type-C port. The supposed XZ2 Pro will be packing a 3400mAh battery and it will come in Hyun Black and Light Silver colour options.
Sony Xperia XZ2 Pro (H8166): Rumoured Specifications
- Display: 5.8-inch TRILUMINOS IPS LCD, 4K resolution (3840×2160 pixels), 18:9 aspect ratio
- processor: Quad-Core 2.8GHz System-on-chipset
- Memory: 6GB
- Storage: 64GB (expandable via microSD card support up to 400GB)
- Rear-facing camera: Dual-Camera, 20MP primary sensor, dual-tone LED flash, 4K video recording
- Front-facing camera: 13MP
- Connectivity: Dual-Nano SIM card slot, 4G LTE, VoLTE, GPS, dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, Google Cast, Miracast, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- Dimensions: 158×80×11.9mm
- Weight: 234 grammes
- Battery: 3400mAh
- Colours: Hyun black and light silver