Samsung seems to be testing multiple variants of the Galaxy J8 smartphone. The handset is supposed to debut in some markets as the Galaxy A6 or A6+. A couple of days back, the smartphone had gained the FCC and Bluetooth SIG certifications, where it was spotted with the SM-J810F model number. The device has now received Wi-Fi certification from the Wi-Fi Alliance. The smartphone bears the model number as SM-J810F at WFA and will run on the Android 8.1 Oreo OS out of the box as per the certification document.
Samsung Galaxy J8 (SM-J810F): Rumoured Features
Earlier Samsung was testing this handset with the model number J800FN and it had also marked its presence at Geekbench with the same model number. Later on, the existence of this supposed variant was not discovered anywhere else, as the South Korean smartphone maker started testing the device with model number J810F, the same one that had appeared at WFA, FCC, and Bluetooth SIG. Going by the leaked Geekbench listing, the new Galaxy J8 (SM-J810F) will be powered by Snapdragon 450 chipset and will pack 3GB of RAM. However, we would like to tell you that the phone has already been launched in India with the specs discussed above. Here we are talking about the new model number which Samsung is testing. Chances are that this device could be powered by the Exynos 7870 SoC and might come with 3GB of RAM. As mentioned above, the handset will run Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box and will come customized with Samsung’s Experience UI on top.
Going by the specs of the already announced J8, the newer variant surely will sport a 6-inch Super AMOLED Infinity display with Full-HD+ resolution and an 18.5:9 aspect ratio. On the imaging front, the smartphone will feature a dual camera setup that will consist of a 16MP main sensor and a secondary 5MP sensor for depth effects and portrait mode. At the front, the device will feature a 16MP camera that will be accompanied by an LED flash. The handset will also pack a 3500mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy J8 (SM-J810F): Rumoured Specifications
- Display: 6-inch Super AMOLED Infinity display, Full-HD+ resolution, 18.5:9 aspect ratio.
- Processor: 2.8GHz octa-core Snapdragon 845 chipset with Adreno 630 GPU
- Software: Octa-core Snapdragon 450 processor/Exynos 7870 SoC
- Memory: 3GB/4GB
- Storage: 32GB/64GB (expandable by microSD card slot)
- Rear-facing camera: 16MP primary sensor, secondary 5MP camera, LED flash
- Front-facing camera: 16-megapixel, LED flash
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM support, 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n ac, Bluetooth 4.2, , FM Radio, GPS, microUSB 2.0 port, 3.5mm audio port
- Battery: 3500mAh
- Colours: Black, Gold, Blue